2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Gruden screwed up trading Mack, only way to make up is to TRADE UP  for Bosa or Allen.. we can't award to miss on this pick, Gary and Oliver too risky..... we have the assets to trade up a few spots to draft a defensive cornerstone

We’ve learned the hard way one elite player on D doesn’t matter.. our D was one of the worst in franchise history with Mack. We need three above average guys over one superstar any day of the week. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We’ve learned the hard way one elite player on D doesn’t matter.. our D was one of the worst in franchise history with Mack. We need three above average guys over one superstar any day of the week. 

we actually would have a nice young core

Bosa, Hurst (all rookie), Hall, Key, Conely, Joseph, Nelson, Whitehead

plus we could add more Free agents with all the cap space from trading Cooper and Mack... plus we have 5 picks in the top 100 could easily invest 2 more picks besides Bosa on defense...

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

when our coaching was solid and Carr and Mack ballin, our team was 12-4

Letting Cook go while keeping Nelson doesn't make a lot of sense. I do suppose that there is no guarantee that the Raiders will be outbid by another team, I might be willing to overpay for Cook just to not have yet another gaping hole on the roster. Plus, even if the Raiders draft one of the top three tight ends, tight ends typically don't produce much in their rookie years.

The more I watch the Raiders last season, the more I think the team should look to add two receivers early in this draft. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the team go receiver back to back at 24 and 27. I'd be pretty happy with a Ridley/Butler combo.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Letting Cook go while keeping Nelson doesn't make a lot of sense. I do suppose that there is no guarantee that the Raiders will be outbid by another team, I might be willing to overpay for Cook just to not have yet another gaping hole on the roster. Plus, even if the Raiders draft one of the top three tight ends, tight ends typically don't produce much in their rookie years.

The more I watch the Raiders last season, the more I think the team should look to add two receivers early in this draft. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the team go receiver back to back at 24 and 27. I'd be pretty happy with a Ridley/Butler combo.

I’d rather do receiver back to back at 35 and 66. Can get one of Brown/Ridley/Harmon at 35 and at 66 there’s a slim chance Deebo Samuel might there, if not we can grab Terry McLaurin who is one of my sleepers in this draft. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is the dumbest thing I've read today (checks Michael Cohen testimony), yup stand by that.

All body types are different and the body reacts to different stimulus. Longer, ectomorph body types with long arms are not going to be great at bench press. A lot of great athletes who train hard daily can't bench 225 for a ton of reps. 

For someone that knows this test is coming years in advance and has world-class training should at least get in the middle teens.

take a look 3 CBs that benched 10 or under got drafted.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/2018-combine.htm

What I think might happen is the Cardinals shock everyone and take Kyler Murray. At first, I thought no way, and who cares that Kingsburry said he would before the Cards job. However, Josh Rosen had the worst year for a QB statistically than any QB hs had in several years. He was JaMarcus ‘09 level bad. Kyler Murray would be a PERFECT fit for that offense. Literally you can’t pick a better offensive system than Kingsburry for Kyler Murray. 

Then Bosa #2 and Allen #3 who is a perfect fit for the Jets. We get, who IMO is tied for best player in this draft with Bosa. 1a and 1b for me. Quinnen Williams is a monster. You CANNOT block him one on one. 

At 24 we can get our EDGE. Maybe Brian Burns or Montez Sweat are available here. Polite is an option but I’m not big on him. 

At 27 we can address Linebacker or Safety. Devin Bush could be there and you also got FS/NB from Florida in Gardner. 

Those three picks help our defense amazingly. 

#35, best WR at the board. WRs for days in this draft from Late 1st to Mid 3rd. 

#66 WR again

#100 Backup QB or Edge Rusher Project

5th Round I’ll go TE. Tons of quality TEs in this draft it’s nuts. 

If it fell like this I’d be happy. Minus 2014 though, Raider drafts never go the way I vision them. 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Gruden screwed up trading Mack, only way to make up is to TRADE UP  for Bosa or Allen.. we can't award to miss on this pick, Gary and Oliver too risky..... we have the assets to trade up a few spots to draft a defensive cornerstone

Just stop. They are not trading up. You throw this out there every year and it hasn’t and won’t happen. Also, how did the defense do with Mack as a cornerstone?

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

We can't go into the draft feeling like we need to get a player of Mack's caliber, HOFers are hard to find. We just need to draft well and get more talented across the board. We have the assets to have a very accelerated rebuild, largely in part to trading away Mack/Cooper. 

Archived