Rank your 2017 starting QBs

paul-mac

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised that Bortles is listed as the guy and didn't get mentioned that he might be replaced. 

Also surprised that the 4-5 guys below Bortles still have jobs except Kizer and Goff, still young

I just don't see how you guys can not roll with Bortles for one more season.  Even if he sucks this year, then that is your answer for the future.  It's not like the Jags are a SB ready team otherwise, see if he can turn it around and if he flops then you know you need a new QB.  Everyone already knows what Henne is.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So yeah, he doesn't make your number one spot. The apparent greatest QB of all time isn't even the best in current NFL...

:D

He might not be, he's about to be 40.  He may drop off.  The only QB to play well after 40 was Favre.  We really won't know until the season ends.  Aaron Rodgers is 33, still in his prime years as a QB.  He's more likely to continue to do well than Brady.  We'll see.

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

If Savage plays like the 30th best QB in the NFL I doubt he finishes the season as our starting QB. 

I ranked him 30th because he's only played like 3 games his entire career. Which is less than Dak and Wentz, and maybe even J. Goff. I'd have to do some research to verify that, but he really doesn't have a lot of tape to conclude that he's better than 30th.

This reply is to Hunter2_1, I would just like to say that J. Montana was once considered the apparent greatest QB of all time, and near the end of his career he wasn't the best in the NFL either.  It happens, and there's a chance it can happen to T. Brady as well.

1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

3. Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders

4. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

5. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

7. Kirk Cousins, Washington

8. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys

9. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions

10. Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans

11. Phillip Rivers, Los Angeles Chargers

12. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

13. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts

14. Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

15. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

16. Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles

17. Andy Dalton , Cincinnati Bengals

18. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs

19. Sam Bradford, Minnesota Vikings

20. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals

21. Jay Cutler, Miami Dolphins

22. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

23. Deshone Kizer, Cleveland Browns  (I'm way way off with this, I don't know if he should be much higher or much lower, but there's no way he's going to be #23 by the time the season ends)

24. Eli Manning, New York Giants

25. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills

26. Trevor Siemian, Denver Broncos

27. Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams

28. Tom Savage, Houston Texans

29, Mike Glennon, Chicago Bears

30. Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars

31. Brian Hoyer, San Francisco 49ers

32. Josh McCown, New York Jets

If Osweiler beats out Kizer, I will likely rank him #28, bumping Manning through Savage up one rank.  If Paxton Lynch beats of Trevor Siemian, he will be #32. If Mitchell Trubisky beats out Mike Glennon, he will likely be #23 bumping Kizer through Savage down one rank.  If Ben Roethlisberger gets injured again, whoever the Steelers backup is will be #32.  If Chad Henne beats out Blake Bortles, he will likely be #28, bumping Tom Savage and Mike Glennon down one rank.

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Matt Ryan

4. Drew Brees

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Russell Wilson

7. Andrew Luck

8. Derek Carr

9. Matt Stafford

10. Dak Prescott

11. Kirk Cousins

12. Cam Newton

13. Philip Rivers

14. Jameis Winston

15. Sam Bradford

16. Carson Wentz

17. Alex Smith

18. Marcus Mariota

19. Andy Dalton

20. Joe Flacco

21. Carson Palmer

22. Eli Manning

23. Jay Cutler

24. Brian Hoyer
25. Tyrod Taylor
26. Trevor Siemian
27. Mike Glennon
28. Jared Goff

29. Blake Bortles/Henne
30. Josh McCown
31. DeShone Kizer

32. Tom Savage

2 hours ago, BLick12 said:

I just don't see how you guys can not roll with Bortles for one more season.  Even if he sucks this year, then that is your answer for the future.  It's not like the Jags are a SB ready team otherwise, see if he can turn it around and if he flops then you know you need a new QB.  Everyone already knows what Henne is.

I think if he sucks and gets hurt though we have to pay him next year too so playing him and him sucking a whole year isnt smart either. If we start him and he does well( i know i know) then we'll see

18 hours ago, Jerry said:

This reply is to Hunter2_1, I would just like to say that J. Montana was once considered the apparent greatest QB of all time, and near the end of his career he wasn't the best in the NFL either.  It happens, and there's a chance it can happen to T. Brady as well.

Ah ok, it's a projection. Sorry, I thought you were ranking off what we know now. 

Alex Smith, Trevor Siemian, and Sam Bradford all seem like mirror images of each other. Each won't lose you a game but most likely wont win it for you either. 

I see Smith in the top 14 on many of these list that just seems crazy to me. He's riding the coat tails of a great coach and great offensive coach.

I guess all things being equal Smith has a great resume and a prestigious draft position, Bradford Prestigious draft position, Trever neither.

If we are projecting forward I think Siemian has the highest ceiling but lowest floor of the 3. His production last year with no offensive line, run game, 3rd wr is super impressive. Just my opinion.

Bradford also is the most talented of the bunch but he never plays with confidence. 

On 8/23/2017 at 0:02 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

1) Rodgers
2) Brady
3) Brees
4) Ben
5) Ryan
6) Wilson
7) Rivers
8) Stafford
9) Luck
10) Newton
11) Carr
12) Manning
13) Mariota
14) Smith
15) Winston
16) Cousins
17) Dalton
18) Dak
19) Wentz
20) Taylor
21) Bortles
22) Bradford
23) Cutler
24) Goff
25) Kizer
26-32) Does it really matter? Flip a coin.

I'm sorry no having Joe Flacco on your list of 25 or higher is ludicrous. The guy won a superbowl and was instumental in that. His stats aren't eye poping but for having a bare cupboard on offense hes worthy of some point between Alex Smith and Bradford.

Archived