Jump to content
mwalker

Trade Brown for what?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've got a feeling after reading these articles, he gone.
I just can't see the Rooney's putting up with this. It's sad.

So, what would we get for trading him?

Edited by mwalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wont be traded.

But just to play along, if we got less than a 1st and a 2nd, it wouldnt be worth it, even if he is over 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the articles are true, i could see Pittsburgh moving on from him. We wouldnt accept more than a 1st & 2nd or pair of firsts imo.

AB has exhibited a lot of understandable frustration this season but has also exhibited a 'me first' attitude. With what happened with Bell, I could see it. I dont expect it, but I could see it. Issue is, if you trade him, WR becomes a major need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll even take this one step further Antonio Brown is one of the few jerseys I own. I also own a Franco Harris and Ben Roethlisberger Jersey. Here's the point I'm getting to I love me some antonio brown. Having said that I do believe that at some point in the future this team needs to think about moving on from Antonio Brown. Let's be honest are the Pittsburgh Steelers really going to pay to number one wide receivers number one wide receiver money? Because if we're being completely honest Juju he is very capable of being a number one wide receiver and frankly I tend to think and maybe I'm wrong here but he's actually more versatile than Antonio Brown because I feel like he does a better job deep balls and frankly does a better job moving around in the offense but that could be a result of this season in general where the ball with forced to Antonio Brown to Austin so it seemed as though he was struggling whereas I think the offense in general was just struggling. Antonio Brown would be a tough guy to lose but if James Washington continues to improve I do think that he could be a number 2 wide receiver I gather he's not exactly bleeding fast but it could open the door to simply looking for a slot receiver. At some point we've got to think about rebuilding and when we do, with Antonio Brown being 30 years old really going to be a part of that plan? So the question becomes do you get what you can out of him now and just move forward. I also want to add that these types of frustrations should not be that surprising given the disappointment of the Season everybody is going to react different players included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance that this is the reason they draft WRs every year? Ryan clark stated it started(his attitude) when he was still in the burgh. When enough is enough better to be prepared then just winging it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm torn between making a thread on it, or to just post it here.

I think I'll post the idea here, and make how we can cover for it in another thread, because it takes a whole offseason plan to do so.

Jerick McKinnon + Marquise Goodwin + 2-34 + 3-36 + 2020 4th FOR Antonio Brown + 3-84 + 2020 5th

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If overthecap is right, trading brown will result in a lot of deadcap but they actually gain 1 Mill in cap room by trading him

So if that's correct trading him would be ok in a year they have a bunch of unexpected cap room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cbrunn said:

If overthecap is right, trading brown will result in a lot of deadcap but they actually gain 1 Mill in cap room by trading him

So if that's correct trading him would be ok in a year they have a bunch of unexpected cap room

Yea.  It's a for sure trade off.  Is the cap hit worth getting him off the team and not having enough money to fix the defense.  That's the major question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yea.  It's a for sure trade off.  Is the cap hit worth getting him off the team and not having enough money to fix the defense.  That's the major question.

They net gaining 1 Mill so they will have money to sign others

He counts as 22mil against the cap by keeping him, by trading him he counts as 21mil ...so he really doesn't effect any of the money they currently will have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cbrunn said:

They net gaining 1 Mill so they will have money to sign others

He counts as 22mil against the cap by keeping him, by trading him he counts as 21mil ...so he really doesn't effect any of the money they currently will have

What you got to account for is replacing that offensive production though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, August4th said:

I would want a 1st and more

 

We wouldn't get a high 1st.  I think the best option there is to get players and mid-round picks for him TBH.  We might be able to get a premium for the fact that we are taking on so much dead money and saving them some in this deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Jerick McKinnon

Just curious why McKinnon? 

He is a really well paid third down back coming off an ACL injury and coming to a team where we have two rookie deal guys who both made an impact at that position. There are a bunch of guys that would fit that vet role on this team at a much cheaper cost. 

I think the 49ers are a great trade team and really like getting back Goodwin - just not sure why we would take on McKinnon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Just curious why McKinnon? 

He is a really well paid third down back coming off an ACL injury and coming to a team where we have two rookie deal guys who both made an impact at that position. There are a bunch of guys that would fit that vet role on this team at a much cheaper cost. 

I think the 49ers are a great trade team and really like getting back Goodwin - just not sure why we would take on McKinnon. 

Most of McKinnon's money has been paid, so he isn't that expensive.  He's a different runner from both Conner and Samuels.  A one cut back but with speed.  Better pass catcher than Conner, not as good as Samuels.  Better blocker than Samuels (by miles) and faster than Conner for 3rd downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Most of McKinnon's money has been paid, so he isn't that expensive.  He's a different runner from both Conner and Samuels.  A one cut back but with speed.  Better pass catcher than Conner, not as good as Samuels.  Better blocker than Samuels (by miles) and faster than Conner for 3rd downs.

Didn’t realize that his money was mostly paid off. I’m in now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×