Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

Just now, warfelg said:

In what I proposed IIRC we only take back $6mil.

Ahh, I’m probably out again. Just looked up his contract and they have an out this offseason with only a $6m hit. I’d day there is a good chance he is a FA. I’d want more back in the trade then. 

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Ahh, I’m probably out again. Just looked up his contract and they have an out this offseason with only a $6m hit. I’d day there is a good chance he is a FA. I’d want more back in the trade then. 

TBH we aren't getting their first.  I think they would be the team most interested.  There might be some others.  There's a good number of teams that will be out because of contract, some out because of the off field antics.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

TBH we aren't getting their first.  I think they would be the team most interested.  There might be some others.  There's a good number of teams that will be out because of contract, some out because of the off field antics.

what about the jets? they have the cap space and need the weapons for Darnold

This is a really off the wall idea but what about AB to Miami for Devante Parker, Xavien Howard and a 3rd

Both Parker and Howard are on the last year of their contract in 2019 I don't think Howard would be overly expensive to resign but DeVante Parker is on a high cap number, honestly signing him would actually be beneficial to us because we could do over that 9 million-dollar cap hit

Just now, wwhickok said:

This is a really off the wall idea but what about AB to Miami for Devante Parker, Xavien Howard and a 3rd

Both Parker and Howard are on the last year of their contract in 2019 I don't think Howard would be overly expensive to resign but DeVante Parker is on a high cap number, honestly signing him would actually be beneficial to us because we could do over that 9 million-dollar cap hit

Howard is gonna get top CB money, Parker is a bust, need more than a 3rd with that because of needing to extend Howard.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Howard is gonna get top CB money, Parker is a bust, need more than a 3rd with that because of needing to extend Howard.

You're not wrong. What I was trying to do is think of a wide receiver that's relatively young that a team might be looking to part with some blue because he hasn't worked out on their team that we think might be able to work out on our team and realistically the only team that I think that would be the case is with a team it's not very good.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

You're not wrong. What I was trying to do is think of a wide receiver that's relatively young that a team might be looking to part with some blue because he hasn't worked out on their team that we think might be able to work out on our team and realistically the only team that I think that would be the case is with a team it's not very good.

what about a team like GB

draft picks + one of their young wideouts( Valdes-Scantling or St. Brown) I think they would part with one of them for brown

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Oh I don’t want their first, but remove our third going back and I’m still in. 

We are giving up the top receiver in the game for a guy they might cut and a decent side piece for a second rounder and a third swap. I’d much rather keep our third and gain theirs. I’d even remove their 2020 4th from the equation. 

If they balk start by adding our 5th and work down. 

Why would you need a WR in return? This draft is loaded with WR and you have James Washington entering his second season with JuJu and Eli can be resigned to man the slot or switzer

Get a CB and a high pick or 2 and sign Cory Littleton to man the ILB spot and move Bostic to Vince Williams spot ... Probably even sign a OLB/DE

Let the draft play itself out and you can draft a CB WR and TE

51 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Wait.....why didnt i think about this before, we were just talking about the OBVIOUS option. 

What about some sort of deal involving Chris Harris, there isn't going to be many teams more desperate for wide receivers than the Denver Broncos come the offseason.

I don’t view Denver being desperate at WR at all. Sanders will be back and they drafted fairly well last year. They were comfortable enough with their depth there to move on from Thomas, I don’t think AB would be high on their list. 

They have bigger fish to fry. 

Archived