Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

Actually pretty fun to put AB, Rice, and Fitz in a comparison on PFR. 

Rice had 3 1000 yard years after turning 36. In 6 of his remaining 7 years after turning 36 he had over 800 yards. 

Through their first 9 years, AB is on a per game match with Rice almost...and played 10 less games in that span. 

On a per game basis for entire careers, AB is smashing rice except for TDs. 

Rices longevity is nuts though. 

On 2019-01-19 at 11:23 AM, Dcash4 said:

Rice had 3 1000 yard years after turning 36. In 6 of his remaining 7 years after turning 36 he had over 800 yards. 

Through their first 9 years, AB is on a per game match with Rice almost...and played 10 less games in that span. 

what would AB's numbers be like if he has the 49ers offence from the 80's and 90's and with Montanna and Young at qb?

On 1/19/2019 at 11:23 AM, Dcash4 said:

In a league that has passed nearly 10,750 rules to make life significantly easier on receivers since Rice retired. 

I don't know how I got here. 

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

In a league that has passed nearly 10,750 rules to make life significantly easier on receivers since Rice retired. 

So would Antonio Brown be dramatically worse playing against defenses that do not focus their athletes or their coaching as significantly at stopping the pass? 

I know the drama is hard to deal with and especially the "quitting" on his teammates but I still want him in B&G. He is the best in the game and fair or not, I'll put up with a little more. He's just that good. His recent post gives me some hope (maybe foolishly) he's ready to reconcile.  

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/steelers-antonio-brown-twitter-message-fans-not-goodbye-nfl-trade-rumors-news-video/1362exeka5nxu1o5lfc2y0l6bu

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I know the drama is hard to deal with and especially the "quitting" on his teammates but I still want him in B&G. He is the best in the game and fair or not, I'll put up with a little more. He's just that good. His recent post gives me some hope (maybe foolishly) he's ready to reconcile.  

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/steelers-antonio-brown-twitter-message-fans-not-goodbye-nfl-trade-rumors-news-video/1362exeka5nxu1o5lfc2y0l6bu

They should be doing everything possible to mend fences.

The problem, as I see it, is that I'm not sure if Brown can handle not being the focal point of the offense.   I mean, he is a big part of it obviously, but JuJu is becoming a star himself, Brown is constantly doubled and Ben is seemingly on the decline....so he may not see the numbers he was once used to.   However, he is still putting up pretty elite numbers, and its pretty foolish for him to think he is going to be put into a much better situation if he leaves here.  

The offense did not click until Ben began to find other receivers.  i can point to the INT in the endzone in the Atlanta game as the turning point for Ben.  After that point, where he tried to force the ball to AB who was bracketed, he began to  throw to the others more.

16 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The offense did not click until Ben began to find other receivers.  i can point to the INT in the endzone in the Atlanta game as the turning point for Ben.  After that point, where he tried to force the ball to AB who was bracketed, he began to  throw to the others more.

I agree, but I think Brown WANTS the ball forced to him.

And when things picked back up for him it’s because other guys got involved in the game offensively. 

Miya a double edged sword and AB wants both. He wants to be constantly fed the ball, but he doesn’t want to be doubled and deal with what comes of it. 

AB has constantly been doubled, and constantly beaten double coverage. Its been that way for about the past 3-4 years. 

AB also had one of the highest un-catchable ball percentages this year (lead the in both number of uncatchable balls and had the highest percentage of uncatchable balls per target than any other premier connection in the NFL into December)

The team got better when Ben started to connect with AB more, not because he looked for him less. His targets didnt really change from the first half of the year to the second, and neither did JuJus, but the percentage at which he hit AB went from a 56% completion rate to a 68% completion rate (first 8 games vs last 7, 90 targets vs 78 targets, respectively). JuJu saw 78 targets in the first 8 weeks and 88 over the final half, playing 1 additional game that saw 10 targets. The completion percentage stayed right around the same at 67%

Percentage of target share wasnt a drastic change either -- but JuJu did increase his looks, but AB actually did as well. 

First half target share from Ben: AB 26%, JuJu 23%

Second half (through week 16 so all is equal): AB 27%, JuJu 27%. 

So Ben really never threw to others MORE....he just completed more of his passes to AB. That's why we got better. 

Just one other statistic regarding others getting involved. 

Through the first 8 games of the year, players not named JuJu or AB with over 50 yards receiving: 10

Through final 8 games of the year, players not named JuJu or AB with over 50 yards receiving: 3 (1 being James Washington in a week AB didnt play)

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

rather the steelers keep him than deal him for some mid-rd pick

Tbh, im surprised that they havent got legit offers. So theyll get stuck with him and he will get the last laugh because he is going to continue to act like a selfish jagoff. Great. Get ready for another awesome season. Tbh, if AB doesnt show some selflessness and remorse, i dont care what the offer is, get rid of him. We got enough issues without adding more of his bs to it.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Tbh, im surprised that they havent got legit offers. So theyll get stuck with him and he will get the last laugh because he is going to continue to act like a selfish jagoff. Great. Get ready for another awesome season. Tbh, if AB doesnt show some selflessness and remorse, i dont care what the offer is, get rid of him. We got enough issues without adding more of his bs to it.

Oh dang, getting stuck with the best WR in the game. How ever will we survive?

Archived