Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Oh dang, getting stuck with the best WR in the game. How ever will we survive?

Thats not the point so dont patronize me please.

We will end up keeping him because no one is offering a 1st. Wont shock me if they do in fact transition tag Bell. Might as well. Wont shock me if they stupidly keep Burnett, Gilbert, and Chickillo and dont sign a single relevant FA.

More of the same, lots of "tough talk" from the FO, but a half hearted show of desire to actually improve the team enough to win a SB.

The most interesting tidbit from the ESPN story was that Brown is chronically late and sometimes doesn't even show up. The guy obviously works hard, but he also likes to do things his way. Only, his way might also include a guy like Eli Rogers buddying up with him and the two of them showing up late for a meeting. Who remembers when Eli was in his second year, people raved about him throughout camp, and then he was suddenly deactivated while healthy and the team lacking Martavis Bryant due to suspension? He ended up in Tomlin's doghouse for a while after. And he's never really been trusted since.

Ben's biggest issues are that he doesn't take on as large a role or put in as many hours as some people think a star QB should. Like, he's not Peyton Manning in that regard. But for all the talk about all of this star treatment he gets, the only thing anyone could pull out of anyone is that Tomlin doesn't criticize him in front of the rest of the team. And oh yea he gets vet days off once in a while - something that isn't actually unique to him.

Trade Brown for the best defensive player you can get and whatever draft picks may come with it. This team will be far better off on Sundays despite Brown's talent.

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Trade Brown for the best defensive player you can get and whatever draft picks may come with it. This team will be far better off on Sundays despite Brown's talent.

I know we strongly disagree with each other here but I'm wondering about your reasoning. He is clearly a strong advantage on the field. Is it your opinion the emotional and ego stuff off the field trumps his productivity? Granted the "skipping" a game is a little more then emotional baggage as is being frequently late to practice and I do agree it's getting old.  However, his productivity and the flat out domination between the lines outweighs his selfish behavior IMO. Let him play out his contract as long as he continues to play this well. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

TO said he advised Brown to request a trade because people are questioning his relationship with Ben. 

If Brown is dumb enough to take TOs advice on how to handle relationships with teammates, please get rid of him.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That would be poor value.

Yea...it’s just a feeling though.

My guess is they’ll decide he’s too much BS and deal him for a lower return.

As of now ill say Raiders or 49ers.

9 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Nope, don’t want him back.

The mere fact that he is supposedly asking TO for advice is making me feel that way too.  I was hoping we could fix things, but this doesnt bode well IMO.

Hope the Steelers trade him to a team that doesnt have a good QB...if only so it can help him come to the realization of how good he had it here.

Archived