Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

If Brown things that he can get himself cut THIS year, he is pretty delusional. The Steelers would be better off keeping him and just telling him to stay home. Saving 1 million by cutting him to get rid of him is pointless IMO. Next season he would have a better chance, but even then, the Steelers only save 4.25 million against the cap by cutting him. There is little to no reason for the Steelers to flat out cut him and that is fully because of the contract that he got. Brown will not be controlling what team he goes to this season.

Additionally, if the Steelers stand pat because they don't get the offers that they were expecting, does anyone really believe that Brown would sit out the season or not try? He cares way too much about his stats to do that if you ask me.

4 hours ago, muncher said:

no circus here. culture is fine. we went 13-3 two seasons ago............

Ah yes, sorry we all forgot every coach is supposed to be on video chat with players 24/7 and not allow any interaction with others in the offseason.

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The sad part about this is if the NFL seasons to suspend him Antonio Brown has successfully made himself untradeable

I'd actually like to trace the source of who leaked this. It doesn't help Antonio, though. The league seems pretty eager to jump in and announce an investigation, too. Art II is pretty close with Goodell, and between the WR and the RB the team has some interesting stuff going on. Stuff that actually could be up for negotiation when the new CBA negotiations start.

Brown was trying to force his way out. Anyone with a shred of a clue could have picked up on that from the reports we had  in the first few days. But teams aren't fond of that. Especially when it comes to players that have been rewarded repeatedly for their service.

10 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Additionally, if the Steelers stand pat because they don't get the offers that they were expecting, does anyone really believe that Brown would sit out the season or not try? He cares way too much about his stats to do that if you ask me.

Same page here. You can’t punt and drastically drop the value. We hold too many cards. 

AB isn’t going to sit out a year. I’d venture a guess that AB won’t miss 1 paycheck. Anyone (read: everyone) see him on social media? Yeah, money is going to be an issue one day.

I believe that our best bet is to hold onto him until after the draft, unless blown away by the offer. It’s going to be easier to sell a team on better compensation from something that’s 12 months away than something that is 3 months away. San Francisco won’t give us AB for 2, but they might give us their first If they think it’s going to be pick 32 next year. Teams will get through the draft and free agency and believe they are an AB away from contending — and will be more willing to offer valuable assets. I don’t think teams are as willing to move actual draft compensation since their pick is locked in place, but might be much more willing to move it when you believe his talent pushes you further down the first round. 

If it was my choice...I’d play hardball on any offer that didn’t start with a straight first rounder. No pick swap, no second rounder....straight first + or thanks but no thanks. I don’t think AB will do anything to miss paychecks and I believe his compensation will be higher the longer we wait. I’m willing to play chicken against AB if the offers aren’t there. 

I’m not moving an all world player for pennies on the dollar when we still hold the better hand at the table in the game against AB. 

1 hour ago, Blitzburgh said:

I’m a little worried AB becomes the next Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt.   I hope the investigation leads to nothing, but this could be worst case scenario for Steelers.

That's my fear. But if that's the way it works out you can almost guarantee that in the next CBA there's going to be some sort of elements included where a player that commits this type of act that results in their release and or suspension is means to void remaining years of a contract it did not take the cap hit for it. I would also expect in the next CBA that there is going to be an element in there to make it so that players cannot do what Le'Veon Bell did this year. Holding out in general I don't think that there's going to be anything they can do about that. But holding out and it resulting in you going straight into free agency or being capped at a much higher number I don't foresee that being the case in the future. I already think it's going to be negotiated that that results in your season not counting towards your contract and you pretty much screwing yourself over and remaining on the team for that final year whether you like it or not on the on the original tag amount that you had most recently received

Quite frankly if this investigation does in fact was all-in in Denia Brown being suspended for a significant amount of time I would not cut him I would put him on the exam to list or whatever so that he basically isn't counted against the cap all season but also is into part of the 53-man roster

5 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

San Francisco won’t give us AB for 2, but they might give us their first If they think it’s going to be pick 32 next year

I'd be surprised if SF is still in on him with the domestic disturbance. After Foster, it'd be really terrible optics for them, and this regime can't afford to make another risky acquisition and have it blow up in their face

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Realistically I think that Arizona Miami Indianapolis possibly Philadelphia nyj and Washington might be the only realistic places for him to end up possibly Buffalo as well I'm not sure

No way we trade him to Indy.

Trade him to Washington.  They may not even have a QB next year.

10 hours ago, warfelg said:

Ah yes, sorry we all forgot every coach is supposed to be on video chat with players 24/7 and not allow any interaction with others in the offseason.

Low IQ people like him cannot wrap their head around simple logic like that.

Archived