Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I doubt that he gets moved, but if the situation has become untenable and the FO thinks the team actually improves not having his personality on the roster regardless of his on the field production, and that dead money is gone anyway, I really feel like the 49ers would be in on this and I would hope that we are. I made my silly season madden trade offer in another thread, but I Think that there could easily be a trade pairing between the two teams. 

I think a lot of us would like to see some type of pass catcher included in that deal TBH.

Trading brown only focuses on one part of the cancer. The other half is ben... who is pretty much running his own offense out there and its leading to great stats but game killing ints. This is not an uncommon problem... Peyton manning and Harrison hated each other ....peyton has been known to throw players like Jeff Saturday for example under the bus. Tom Brady regularly berates his teammate and acts a fool on the sideline and it is usually called "moxy" ...if a wr does it it's called "entitled " or "selfish" ...... none of this is new.... it's just usually swept under the rug until later....remember McNabb's vs TO. TO vs. Garcia... we are just now learning Aaron Roger's is a complete a-hole to his coach... so in reality this is business as usual outside of everyone's agendas of course.  The mission and focus is how do we progress together...and will Ben let someone else run the offense...perhaps we could run at 1st and goal once in a while... perhaps...

2 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I think the Titans would be a good trade partner, maybe something like jayon brown + 2nd ... Maybe a next year conditional pick thrown in 

Depends if they'd want to give up a promising young ILB

I rather have Byard or Landry TBH.

If you asked me right now if we had to get rid of Ben or Brown, which one would I choose, i know ppl are gonna think Im nuts but Id choose Ben.

He, unlike Brown, threw away turnovers like it was candy on Halloween. He has lost some of the touch he once had. He is still good, but imo, he has lost that elite ability. With Brown and JuJu. At least the replacement would have weapons. The time has GOT to come soon to move on from Ben, but the thing is, when we do, there's no point in keeping Brown either, not given his age and cost.

With AB's work ethic, I would ignore age unless he has a history of missing many games with injuries. I doubt they would get what he is worth mainly because I wouldn't trust colbert and his crew to draft at all never mind for replacing AB.  Best WR over the last few seasons, and let colbert try to replace that loss in the draft?

Maybe ben is the problem or one step further tomlin. If they both are the problem, then it won't matter anyways. I would have fired tomlin and paid Munchak whatever he wanted and put ben on notice:

show up ready to play in preseason and play like a legit HOF week 1 .  Use the run to set up the pass and eventually AB gets his receptions that way. If they trade him, that is a fail , but it wouldn't surprise me. The HOF WR with 5+ years of elite level should get the nod here. He's complaining yet he led the league. If he was with some other teams, he would get 20TD's a year, and no faking knee injury reports to go with that. 

Does AB have a no trade clause? 

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

With AB's work ethic, I would ignore age unless he has a history of missing many games with injuries. I doubt they would get what he is worth mainly because I wouldn't trust colbert and his crew to draft at all never mind for replacing AB.  Best WR over the last few seasons, and let colbert try to replace that loss in the draft?

So no faith in the GM to replace the player he drafted. I have no interest in trading Brown nor do I think they will try. However, if somehow it happen I'd trust Colbert over any of the 32 GMs to find another WR. Assuming it is Colbert that is the primary force in deciding on the WRs, his success rate has been uncanny. Plax, Randle El, Santonio Holmes, Wallace, AB, Sanders, JuJu. Heck throw Bryant in there as well. His talent is through the roof. It ain't Colbert's fault the dude likes the icky. Criticize Colbert for any other position except WR. 

I’m with @MOSteelers56 on this, I think everyone needs to chill out a bit and get more information. Realistically we don’t even know what happened. There’s a lot of false information out there, and Pittsburgh media really seems to be blowing it all wildly out of proportion. Perhaps Tomlin can shed a little light today, but I doubt it. But to be honest, unless he truly wants out and is demanding a trade, no chance I trade him unless someone offers a kings ransom. 

13 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

I’m with @MOSteelers56 on this, I think everyone needs to chill out a bit and get more information. Realistically we don’t even know what happened. There’s a lot of false information out there, and Pittsburgh media really seems to be blowing it all wildly out of proportion. Perhaps Tomlin can shed a little light today, but I doubt it. But to be honest, unless he truly wants out and is demanding a trade, no chance I trade him unless someone offers a kings ransom. 

I dunno. Like I said before, this one feels different. 

Remember before the latest extension he said he would sit out, then Ward, Pouncey, Ben (and likely others) were able to talk him out of it, reminding him showing up means getting rewarded?

But the fact that he isn’t responding to anyone. Cut off communication. Heck won’t even talk to the Rooney’s. 

Its a complete different feel. 

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I dunno. Like I said before, this one feels different. 

Remember before the latest extension he said he would sit out, then Ward, Pouncey, Ben (and likely others) were able to talk him out of it, reminding him showing up means getting rewarded?

But the fact that he isn’t responding to anyone. Cut off communication. Heck won’t even talk to the Rooney’s. 

Its a complete different feel. 

So let him go pout for a couple weeks. The mans a diva. He’s also one of the best WRs of all time, and has the skill set and work ethic to do it another decade. I think it’ll blow over. Curious to see what Tomlin has to say today.

2 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

So let him go pout for a couple weeks. The mans a diva. He’s also one of the best WRs of all time, and has the skill set and work ethic to do it another decade. I think it’ll blow over. Curious to see what Tomlin has to say today.

But like I said...only got til March 5th to make this decision because he's due another $2.5mil.  We won't be having any practices or anything like that to see it blown over.

14 hours ago, wwhickok said:

If you asked me right now if we had to get rid of Ben or Brown, which one would I choose, i know ppl are gonna think Im nuts but Id choose Ben.

I agree with this.  Ben has always been kind of a ****-stirrer and quick to throw shade at teammates in the media, so not buying at all that locker room issues this year are entirely on Ben.  Brown's also the better player, has a lot more of his prime left, and is really the engine that makes the offense work right now.  Despite how flared up he can get on the sidelines, I've never seen a half-hearted performance out of him on the field.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

But like I said...only got til March 5th to make this decision because he's due another $2.5mil.  We won't be having any practices or anything like that to see it blown over.

I’m sure a conversation will be had at some point. I mean we can speculate all we want, but none of us actually know what’s going on internally. But I’m watching an entire fan base trashing our best player based on speculation and fake news and it’s irritating tbh. I just want more facts before I start lynching the guy is all.

Archived