Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Per the article posted, when considering next year's salary it will cost $6 Million to trade the League's best WR plus whatever the cost of replacement all over what seems to me to be some High School nonsense.  

He quit on his team last week, and then when his coach was giving his season ending press conference, he posts video of himself with James Harrison promising a forthcoming interview. I mean, in a team sport, the latter alone is typically considered an unforgivable sin. Today, he slapped Mike Tomlin - a guy who has been incredibly loyal to him throughout his career - right across the face. Along with the entire organization. On top of blowing off his teammates, coaches, and even the team owner leading up to this game.

That isn't high school stuff. I don't know how the team can keep this guy. If some people thought Tomlin was neutered by the team when they retired Lebeau and Arians, what do you think happens if they keep Antonio after this? That is untenable.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

He quit on his team last week, and then when his coach was giving his season ending press conference, he posts video of himself with James Harrison promising a forthcoming interview. I mean, in a team sport, the latter alone is typically considered an unforgivable sin. Today, he slapped Mike Tomlin - a guy who has been incredibly loyal to him throughout his career - right across the face. Along with the entire organization. On top of blowing off his teammates, coaches, and even the team owner leading up to this game.

That isn't high school stuff. I don't know how the team can keep this guy. If some people thought Tomlin was neutered by the team when they retired Lebeau and Arians, what do you think happens if they keep Antonio after this? That is untenable.

Sorry. Not THAT serious to me. Seems like High School drama to me. Then again I'm not all that sensitive. The Man busts his tail during the season. He's an emotional player that's frustrated by a disappointing season. Of course I could do without all the nonsense but I think cooler heads will prevail. 

36 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I don't know how we got here. 

AB doesnt like tomlin

AB costs lots to get rid of and you lose the best wr ion the nfl

tomlin doesnt cost anything against the cap

i think the goal is to improve the team and do is fiscally

35 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

tomlin brougt this on himself by not doing anything to him in the past for his actions

if it wasnt for some teams mates spilling the beans, tomlin would have swept this under the rug too and continue with the 'injury' reason as why AB didnt play

he got exposed

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

For $21 million in dead money PLUS Goodwin's salary? That's insanity.

Goodwin only makes 3.5M ( roughly).  Much better than idiots talking about Patrick Peterson.  That would be 21.2M + 11.2M to the cap

He's become a cancer.  He quit on his team and then he turns to James Harrison when the Tomlin presser is on?  Quit on your team mates and then go to another guy who had issues with Tomlin to cause more drama.  I really don't care what the cap hit is I'd get rid of him.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I think the way the news is starting to spiral you almost have to trade him

I’ll hold the door open for him to get out. His antics have rubbed me so raw to where I don’t want to see him in a steelers jersey. Hell of a player, but I can’t respect a man child. More so hoping that’s the route they take if they don’t 

5 hours ago, KJtheWicked said:

I’m sure a conversation will be had at some point. I mean we can speculate all we want, but none of us actually know what’s going on internally. But I’m watching an entire fan base trashing our best player based on speculation and fake news and it’s irritating tbh. I just want more facts before I start lynching the guy is all.

I'm not trashing him at all. I think that regardless of the details of this latest incident that there have been tell tale signs Antonio Brown being selfish at different times. But I think that you could say that about just about any NFL player so I'm not hating on him for that. Having said that I do think that he has handled the adversity of this season as a whole rather poorly. To me that is very concerning I also believe that there is a little bit of frustration with him in regards to Juju because Juju has seen more opportunities most of this year because of the coverage that Antonio Brown has suffered. Let us not forget the Ben Roethlisberger threw the majority of his interceptions while trying to force the ball to Antonio Brown. Antonio Brown in my opinion is absolutely the best wide receiver in the league so it would absolutely suck to lose him but yes what is going on internally is the Endo Neo Brown is becoming a locker room cancer then we do need to get rid of him if that's not what's going on maybe that's not what needs to happen I will Reserve ultimate judgment on that until we know what's actually going on but ultimately who the hell knows

Archived