Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

29 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm not Mike Tomlin. But Antonio Brown went out of his way to try and undermine (read - humiliate) Tomlin today, and we don't even know if he's done yet. Regardless of what I think about Tomlin, not even a QB should get away with this sort of spectacle days after he QUIT on his teammates.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29888/antonio-brown-saga-what-happened-steelers-next-move-trade-chances

All those things...especially quitting on the team are meant to humiliate Big Ben as well. 

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

If we part ways with AB, who can we grab to take his place?  

If I'm being completely honest I think we are asking the wrong question. What we are currently asking is who will replace Antonio Brown? But in terms of our roster Antonio Brown is currently our number one wide receiver. If Antonio Brown were to be traded our new number one wide receiver no matter who would be added in my opinion is Juju Smith Schuster. So the question we should be asking is not who will replace Antonio Brown in our offense it is who will fill in the number 2 wide receiver role?

Antonio Brown is the best wide receiver in the league there's simply no actual replacing him. At least not in the immediate sense. But you do have to add a productive wide receiver as the number 2 wide receiver.

So just in terms of free agency for the names that I like or John Brown, Tyrell Williams, Randall Cobb, & Donte Moncrief.

Obviously Randall Cobb is a wide receiver that is probably going to be looking at a lot of money if he even leaves Green Bay. The second most expensive name on that list is probably Tyrell Williams who I'm not sure actually leave the Chargers. Of that list I think the ideal candidate is John Brown

6 minutes ago, DR43 said:

If we part ways with AB, who can we grab to take his place?  

can see the steelers just beefing up the depth at the receiving positions if we do trade brown

draft a WR in the mid-round of the draft and sign a vet or two for competition ..maybe draft/sign another TE who can be a receiving threat

I would want moncrief.... I dont see us trading him... the question we really should be asking is will Big Ben take a back seat and let the offense go through the run... because his control is what AB seems to be pissed off about... the Ints is the only thing I am pissed about. 

17 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Actually anyone with half a brain would understand that Antonio Brown is the only narrator that matters since only he can tell us what's going on in that head of his...furthermore if he tells us it's the relationship between Tomlin and Big Ben and on top of that he shows this to be true by his actions towards big Ben...common sense should prevail...yes..that's a huge problem that AB has. As far as antics ...this happens on every team... Tomlin got on him about the FB live and he got on him about sideline antics and AB will yet again face punishment... nothing new. 

I personally don't care about the lived experiences of Antonio Brown. I care about the reality where this a team with 53 guys on it and an entire coaching staff. Brown doesn't have a leg to stand-on. You tried to pretend that Brown's apparent view that Tomlin doesn't have his back enough is somehow legitimate proof that Tomlin is a tough, nonsense coach despite every other opinion expressed from guys in the locker room indicating that no - Brown has been protected by this team repeatedly.

Based on what I've been reading in multiple articles that of course or at least to some degree just speculation of the situation what I had claimed several posts ago is pretty much accurate. Antonio Brown is pissed off because of the emergence of Juju Smith Schuster and the success and the reduction in Touches for Antonio Brown. I'm sorry but I don't know what it is about NFL receivers that believe that they are the only one that should ever get the ball but that is not how the game works. If you only ever pass it to the same guy every time then your quarterback is going to throw probably a hundred interceptions on the year. The reality is do I think that the Steelers will trade Brown? Yes I actually do. I believe that this is a situation it needs rectified immediately. So unless they find a way to balance the receptions between Antonio Brown and Juju Smith Schuster believe they will absolutely trade Antonio Brown because they cannot allow the locker room to become poisoned in the way that Le'Veon Bell began to poison it

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I personally don't care about the lived experiences of Antonio Brown. I care about the reality where this a team with 53 guys on it and an entire coaching staff. Brown doesn't have a leg to stand-on. You tried to pretend that Brown's apparent view that Tomlin doesn't have his back enough is somehow legitimate proof that Tomlin is a tough, nonsense coach despite every other opinion expressed from guys in the locker room indicating that no - Brown has been protected by this team repeatedly.

Yes the team. Not the coach. The coach has orders to follow too.... I dont have to pretend... if AB is coming for Tomlin is obviously because he has a problem with his authority... showing authority is the essence of leadership.  It's not rocket science.  

Well, I'm out of this discussion. I'm truly baffled. At least some of the same people defending Tomlin's management of the team are fine keeping a guy who embarrassed him and the entire organization over the last week. It's really baffling. Basically there was one line Brown couldn't cross, and he crossed it. And he did it in the slimiest way possible. It's just a game? Yea, sure. It's also a game that Brown gets paid incredibly well for. That's Art II's money down the drain this past Sunday. And don't think potentially losing a game check wasn't on Antonio's mind - that's why he had his agent call Mike Tomlin Sunday morning in the first place telling him he could suddenly play after he blew the team off for two days. Wouldn't want to lose out on a over a million dollars for conduct detrimental to the team after throwing a tantrum, after all.

Let's also remind people why the cap hit of Brown's is so high. It's because the Steelers first broke their own internal rules and rewarded Brown with more money two years out on his deal. Then they once again did it this year, restructuring his contract to give him more money this year and taking a greater financial risk for themselves. And that SPECIAL loyalty was sure returned in spades, wasn't it?

It's clear that over the past week Antonio has been done with the team. He may very well change his mind for one reason or another, but he's shown you that you can't count on him to be a professional and show up even for a must-win game. And he's the second highest paid guy on your team. He's shown you that if too much praise is heaped on Juju, he may just lose his mind in a fit of jealous rage.

4 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Yes the team. Not the coach. The coach has orders to follow too.... I dont have to pretend... if AB is coming for Tomlin is obviously because he has a problem with his authority... showing authority is the essence of leadership.  It's not rocket science.  

Well, it's settled. Tomlin should be coach of the year.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Based on what I've been reading in multiple articles that of course or at least to some degree just speculation of the situation what I had claimed several posts ago is pretty much accurate. Antonio Brown is pissed off because of the emergence of Juju Smith Schuster and the success and the reduction in Touches for Antonio Brown. I'm sorry but I don't know what it is about NFL receivers that believe that they are the only one that should ever get the ball but that is not how the game works. If you only ever pass it to the same guy every time then your quarterback is going to throw probably a hundred interceptions on the year. The reality is do I think that the Steelers will trade Brown? Yes I actually do. I believe that this is a situation it needs rectified immediately. So unless they find a way to balance the receptions between Antonio Brown and Juju Smith Schuster believe they will absolutely trade Antonio Brown because they cannot allow the locker room to become poisoned in the way that Le'Veon Bell began to poison it

I wonder if we went back to a run focused offense would that help settle things...take the power from all three...Ben and ab and even juju... it's a pass happy league...until someone comes and dominates it be running more.. I could see connor and Samuels being a running back by committee type of force. 

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Well, it's settled. Tomlin should be coach of the year.

Considering with what he has been dealing with  lol yeah. But as a Steelers coach you have to learn to work around and under the FO more than any coach in the league...he does that well. 

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1080528311267278848?s=20

"If we’re reading tea leaves, Antonio Brown is likely gone. Mike Tomlin said “certainly” when asked if there’s a point where talent becomes not worth it. Multiple teammates say they’re done. He’s not looking chastened in his videos & as

tells us: there’s no cap issue"

this tweet is one of the most telling I've seen yet. This is actually one of the few reporters that are typically credible when it comes to the Steelers.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So unless they find a way to balance the receptions between Antonio Brown and Juju Smith Schuster believe they will absolutely trade Antonio Brown because they cannot allow the locker room to become poisoned in the way that Le'Veon Bell began to poison it

I don't know what more balance there could actually be. And this is what proves Brown is pretty irrational - he was the most targeted WR in the league this year. There were plays left on the field on bad throws. There were also times where I was left wondering what the hell Brown was doing, even if some didn't want to see it and instead just blamed Roethlisberger.

Regardless, this team ponied up and showed loyalty to Brown three times on his contract. They trusted him. And it's biting them big time here.

Archived