Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

If I’m a realistic team, the last thing I want is BOTH Brown and Bell. 

I understand the talent, but I’m sure as hell separating the drama. I don’t need both of those egos tagging up in one locker room like they own the place. 

13 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I understand the talent, but I’m sure as hell separating the drama. I don’t need both of those egos tagging up in one locker room like they own the place. 

Too bad there are stupid owners and GM's.

As a Browns fan, I hope you hold onto him. If you could get an early-mid 1st round pick for him, that'd be extremely helpful for your franchise long-term.

I saw a Bills fan propose trading #9 straight up for Brown. If I were you guys, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then I'd trade one of those 1sts for a 1st next year and look to land the QB replacement in 2020 with plenty of ammo.

This team still has a championship window, but it's going to slam shut when Ben retires and you have some rookie in there. While a full-scale rebuild isn't necessary and I don't ever think Pittsburgh is going to be BAD (picking top 5-10), I think cutting ties with some of the problematic veterans isn't a bad thing. You already have his replacement on the team (Juju) and Juju's replacement (Washington) ready to go right behind him.

Also, kudos for not caving in to the demands of Le'Veon Bell. Whoever pays him some monstrous contract is going to be sawty.

By no means am I an expert in determining value or value factors but I want to sort of piggyback on something someone else said above. The circumstances and actions the Antonio Brown has committed could very seriously reduce his value. There is in my opinion a Saving Grace. That being that there are going to be a lot of teams that would like to get a hold of the talent that exists. And because of that it could create a bidding war and at that point we could see us gat a respectable amount of value perhaps not what we could have if Antonio Brown wasn't a drama queen but let's be honest if what has happened had not happened would we even be having this discussion in the first place? More than likely not

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

As a Browns fan, I hope you hold onto him. If you could get an early-mid 1st round pick for him, that'd be extremely helpful for your franchise long-term.

I saw a Bills fan propose trading #9 straight up for Brown. If I were you guys, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then I'd trade one of those 1sts for a 1st next year and look to land the QB replacement in 2020 with plenty of ammo.

This team still has a championship window, but it's going to slam shut when Ben retires and you have some rookie in there. While a full-scale rebuild isn't necessary and I don't ever think Pittsburgh is going to be BAD (picking top 5-10), I think cutting ties with some of the problematic veterans isn't a bad thing. You already have his replacement on the team (Juju) and Juju's replacement (Washington) ready to go right behind him.

Also, kudos for not caving in to the demands of Le'Veon Bell. Whoever pays him some monstrous contract is going to be sawty.

Hey thanks for the Post. These are some good thoughts and there is definitely some validity to it I like where your head is at.

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Listen I really do believe we are going to trade Antonio Brown but I want to be clear about something else. I absolutely love Juju Smith Schuster and I love his personality. But I think we can all agree is that right now Juju is fine with his Antics and his social media presence but he's into that sort of how Antonio Brown began? Here is where I'm going with this I think the powers-that-be need to sit down with Juju and tell him that he is free to do as he pleases in social media as long as it does not become a problem or a distraction to the team in the moment it does they are going to have to place upon him seasonal behavioral restrictions.

I also want to say something else about Juju Smith Schuster. He is clearly disappointed on the field watching the Cleveland Browns game as all of us were in all of the other players were when he knew the Steelers would not be making the playoffs. On Twitter he posted a very positive message and I'm paraphrasing here but basically the point of the message was to get back to work keep doing what he's doing doing everything he can to help his team and hopefully getting to that Super Bowl next year. The point I'm making is his response to the disappointment of this season is the exact opposite of what Antonio Brown's response was

4 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

Let me ask you guys something. Does anyone here believe Juju can be an elite WR1 without AB here?

Yes I do. But he needs a respectable number two. It's no different than it was with Antonio Brown. If you're the only decent wide receiver on the field then all the defense has to do is cover you and you'll never see the ball. But I already believe did you have shown signs of being an elite receiver

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yes I do. But he needs a respectable number two. It's no different than it was with Antonio Brown. If you're the only decent wide receiver on the field then all the defense has to do is cover you and you'll never see the ball. But I already believe did you have shown signs of being an elite receiver

I believe Tyrell Williams from the Chargers is a UFA...my man John Brown is too.

Some cheaper options would be Devin Funchess, Ryan Grant and Chris Conley.

Pass on Funchess. Golden Tate would fit really well. Robbie Anderson would stretch the field really well. 

For JuJu to be your #1 you need a speedster to really stretch the field out for him so the safeties are preoccupied. 

A Mike Wallace reunion would work. DeSean Jackson. Phillip Dorsette. 

TBH I think this is why you take a “lesser” pick and a rookie contract player for Brown. Preferably a WR. Get a replacement WR. Accept you might not be the amazing high scoring offense. Press resources into the defense. 

Then if Ben surprises you with a retirement, the replacement has a strong running game and a good defense to lean on while he grows into the role. 

We can really retool on the fly if we are really smart about it. Sadly I don’t have much faith in this FO to be able to do so. 

14 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Actually AB is pissed at Tomlin because he always punishes him and calls him out. He also tends to side with Big Ben...which is actually quite normal for any coach. Disgruntled players talking trash and telling half truths and whole lies is not being exposed...its proof that Tomlin is even more of a hard nose then would could ever dream of. 

proof that he always punishes him?

13 minutes ago, muncher said:

proof that he always punishes him?

Proof that he doesn’t?

Just because it wasn’t made public and we haven’t seen more doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. This argument is literally Shrodingers Cat. Because we aren’t in the room AB is both punished and not punished at the same time. 

Archived