Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

4 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

If we traded up that high, I’d do everything I could to move the rest of the way up for Bosa. Don’t even talk to me about scheme fits, you figure it out. Dude could be a generational talent.

Bosa and watt being anchors of the steelers defense for a decade sounds nice

unfortunately doubt the number 2 pick will be available..more likely get the niners 2nd round pick if a trade was done with that team

5 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

Since this is the topic at the moment, Fittipaldo wrote 5 possible trade scenarios.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/03/antonio-brown-trade-possibilities-steelers-news/stories/201901030111

talking with a friend yesterday we both agreed that Raiders are the team i want him to if possible. They have the picks to make it happen and he is out of the division. on a rebuilld team

On 2019-01-02 at 2:48 AM, Chieferific said:

So no faith in the GM to replace the player he drafted. I have no interest in trading Brown nor do I think they will try. However, if somehow it happen I'd trust Colbert over any of the 32 GMs to find another WR. Assuming it is Colbert that is the primary force in deciding on the WRs, his success rate has been uncanny. Plax, Randle El, Santonio Holmes, Wallace, AB, Sanders, JuJu. Heck throw Bryant in there as well. His talent is through the roof. It ain't Colbert's fault the dude likes the icky. Criticize Colbert for any other position except WR. 

how do you know HE drafted AB. It might have been one of the scouts that got the message through. We have no way of knowing who is more responsible, but I tend to blame him for the bad picks :D. Agree that whoever decides the WR's in the draft are doing a good job, so if it's colbert, he can remain a WR scout as long as he stays away from the GM office and doesn't have a voice in anything else

On 2019-01-02 at 11:28 AM, KJtheWicked said:

I’m sure a conversation will be had at some point. I mean we can speculate all we want, but none of us actually know what’s going on internally. But I’m watching an entire fan base trashing our best player based on speculation and fake news and it’s irritating tbh. I just want more facts before I start lynching the guy is all.

There had to be a reason for AB to have his behaviour as such, but we probably won't know  as long as he is with the steelers anyways. I'm not lynching him either because we don't have the facts . Also because I have had enough with all the drama of this team. Tomlin says there are going to be changes? Lets see HIM change the way the entire team conducts themselves because this team is out of control.

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

Pass on Funchess. Golden Tate would fit really well. Robbie Anderson would stretch the field really well. 

For JuJu to be your #1 you need a speedster to really stretch the field out for him so the safeties are preoccupied. 

A Mike Wallace reunion would work. DeSean Jackson. Phillip Dorsette. 

I like Phillip Dorsett and John Brown.

If we could get Golden Tate and one of Dorsett or Brown on reasonable contracts (probably Dorsett), that imo would allow us to focus on the defense nearly exclusively 

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how do you know HE drafted AB. It might have been one of the scouts that got the message through. We have no way of knowing who is more responsible, but I tend to blame him for the bad picks :D. Agree that whoever decides the WR's in the draft are doing a good job, so if it's colbert, he can remain a WR scout as long as he stays away from the GM office and doesn't have a voice in anything else

Ariens pounded the table for AB in the 6th round.  Yes Colbert pulled the trigger but AB was Ariens pick

I like Miami here. Part of the 10 year rebuild. They're dumb enough to do it. He's from the area. He wants to be in the area. Rosenhaus can push for the area. A lot of this is Miami.

They are the kind of team that goes for quick fixes to draw for the crowd. Tough to compete with bikinis and beaches. This plays beautifully for us. 

We take Miami's 1st rd pick this year. 13th overall. Then we take their 2020 3rd rd pick. When you spread it out over two years it seems like you're giving away less. Because it's like hey I just gave up our 1st for Antonio Brown. 

Ryan Tannehill. What a ******* joke

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Ariens pounded the table for AB in the 6th round.  Yes Colbert pulled the trigger but AB was Ariens pick

The hire ariens as a scout ;). Good homework Jebrick, I never knew this tidbit.  

1 hour ago, August4th said:

Brown would end up in NE if we cut him...

I could see BB telling AB this is how we conduct ourselves here and AB getting 20+ TD's and SB. Just what we want to se happen isn't it?

2 hours ago, August4th said:

I would be really annoyed if they cut him.. but something tells me that could happen

cut the best WR in the league, keep the worst CB in the league that is a ST player now.   How about getting a new HC that is already on the team (Munchak) or is it too late? I wouldn't want to try to correct all the wrong here, it has gone on for too many years, it's out of control

9 hours ago, muncher said:

proof that he always punishes him?

Was he not held out of this game? What about his fb live antics? Was he not fined?

Yes. Do You have proof that he wasn't punished ?  No you don't.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiQicij3tLfAhUSvKwKHT3WCV0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2017%2F01%2F22%2Fantonio-brown-steelers-facebook-live-fine&psig=AOvVaw1xciaHMWNJ0o5L654RUzZX&ust=1546643531467403

Archived