Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

Ranking those trades, by desirability to me:

1.  9ers for the #2 - If Bosa is there, take him.  If not, take Greedy Williams. 

2.  Jets for the #3 - Similar situation here.  You're probably going to get Williams at this point still. 

3.  Raiders for the #4 - Again, getting a stud, and maybe the #1 CB in the draft still available, worst case.  

4.  Cards for Peterson & #33 - Peterson is a stud, and get basically another late 1 out of the deal.

5.  Fins for Howard & #13 - Pick is late enough you might miss out on a blue chipper and Howard is a bit too slow for my liking at a 4.58, but I know nothing about him (his 4.41 pro day 40, along with his size is good though, and the 11 INTs in the last 2 years is really good).  This could be flipped with the Cards due to Peterson's age and a higher pick, but these last 2 are clearly my last choices.   

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

Ariens pounded the table for AB in the 6th round.  Yes Colbert pulled the trigger but AB was Ariens pick

Here is the list of good WRs drafted by the Steelers from 1980-1999...….Louis Lipps and Hines Ward. Compare that to the list of WRs since Colbert arrived. I'm sure not all the WR success is just on Colbert. No GM is the only one with Draft Day input. But it is hard to argue with difference in success.

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Ariens pounded the table for AB in the 6th round.  Yes Colbert pulled the trigger but AB was Ariens pick

Arians couldn't of loved AB that much he pushed to have him one of the final cuts his rookie season 

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Here is the list of good WRs drafted by the Steelers from 1980-1999...….Louis Lipps and Hines Ward. Compare that to the list of WRs since Colbert arrived. I'm sure not all the WR success is just on Colbert. No GM is the only one with Draft Day input. But it is hard to argue with difference in success.

Yancey Thigpen gets no love.

6 hours ago, Bobikus said:

If they did this I'd probably give up watching the Steelers for as long as Tomlin/Colbert are there.

me too and I am already near that. But....that could be what eventually leads to both of them being fired! If Munchak and AB got to the Browns and the steelers are siting at home watching them in the playoffs next year and the year after, it just might finally be time for rooney to wake up and fire colbert and tomlin.  

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

It's inconceivable that any player could possibly determine the outcome of something as secretive as the inner team MVP. No way possible.

It doesn't really matter whether the MVP was a factor or the factor, though I strongly suspect it was and reports from people familiar with Antonio Brown's thinking indicate it played a part. But like Ben calling Brown out earlier this year after that interception, it aint a good look to go awol if your Antonio Brown in that spot. And some locals have questioned whether there was any Wednesday spat as Tomlin and Ben have denied it took place.

The only thing that really matters is that Brown skipped out and went radio silent at some point. Then decided the best way to initiate contact with the team was to have his agent call his coach telling him he was ready to go on Sunday morning. Then, apparently despite his coach telling him to stay and support his team, he left at half time. Those aren't exactly respectful actions, to say the least.

And, I strongly suspect the agents involvement was to help stem any attempt to take a game check from Brown. At the least, it helps to serve the same result.

31 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Anyone else have an issue with Peter King'a take?

I do. Regardless of whatever happened he doesn't change the production that Antonio Brown accomplished this year and it doesn't make him a bad player in terms of talent. More importantly none of us including Peter King even actually truly know I would have assumed anyway what happened yet and frankly we might never really know so to pass judgment on somebody immediately like this without actually knowing the facts no I can't agree with that at all

14 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

wow, way to hurt the pocket book. thats chump change

why didnt he bench him earlier in the season for missing meetings and games?

why did he wait until the season was virtually over?

tomlin is a clown and the reason this team is a laughing stock

8 minutes ago, muncher said:

wow, way to hurt the pocket book. thats chump change

why didnt he bench him earlier in the season for missing meetings and games?

why did he wait until the season was virtually over?

tomlin is a clown and the reason this team is a laughing stock

1 - There's a limit to how much teams are allowed to fine players.

2 - How do you know he wasn't punished?  A benching is just the most visible.

3 - Virtually over?  Oh you mean a must win game?

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

1 - There's a limit to how much teams are allowed to fine players.

2 - How do you know he wasn't punished?  A benching is just the most visible.

3 - Virtually over?  Oh you mean a must win game?

yup, a must win game against a terrible team, playing mostly back ups, at home and also needing a browns team to win on the road against a good team that needs to win to make the playoffs. real tough decision.

why not bench him earlier in the year when he skipped out?  

1 minute ago, muncher said:

yup, a must win game against a terrible team, playing mostly back ups, at home and also needing a browns team to win on the road against a good team that needs to win to make the playoffs. real tough decision.

why not bench him earlier in the year when he skipped out?  

You sound like you never coached a day in your life.  I've been in that same position as Tomlin.  Best player screwed up, on the eve of a must win game.  I failed to sit him.  Can't tell you how gut wrenching it is to sit there and have to make that call no matter how good or how bad.

And the fact that we barely won against that 'terrible team, playing mostly backups' should tell you the impact of sitting his best non-QB player had on the game.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

You sound like you never coached a day in your life.  I've been in that same position as Tomlin.  Best player screwed up, on the eve of a must win game.  I failed to sit him.  Can't tell you how gut wrenching it is to sit there and have to make that call no matter how good or how bad.

And the fact that we barely won against that 'terrible team, playing mostly backups' should tell you the impact of sitting his best non-QB player had on the game.

lol..............really, the rest of the all pros and loaded offense needed AB to blow out that team?

so that why you defend tomlin. you have the same morals when it comes to discipline and accountability.......and you did it with pee wee football......yikes

and extra big LOL...............youve been in the same position as tomlin

Archived