Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

Is anybody else so disgusted/frustrated by how this organization has managed personalities over the years that they actually want to blow this whole thing up?  I think I am basically at this point now.  How does it get to the point where you're actually ready to trade a generational talent like brown?  The same year after losing arguably the best RB in Bell...seriously how?

2 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

Is anybody else so disgusted/frustrated by how this organization has managed personalities over the years that they actually want to blow this whole thing up?  I think I am basically at this point now.  How does it get to the point where you're actually ready to trade a generational talent like brown?  The same year after losing arguably the best RB in Bell...seriously how?

Do you really blame the organization here or do you blame Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell? This sport is one of the greediest sports in the world. It always comes down to money. You don't have to look far for much evidence that Le'Veon Bell has almost always been a selfish player. I would argue that you could say the same thing about Antonio Brown and I personally never have so this isn't me trying to turn on him now that things went bad I'm just saying that you could at least make that argument with videos that he has made and posted with Twitter posts with not being focused where he needs to be focused. You can say that about Brown and Bell. Does the coaching staff deserve a little bit of responsibility for not putting a handle on their social media usage and things like this absolutely I think that is a fair criticism. But in the last couple of seasons the locker room controversy has seemingly surrounded Bell and brown repeatedly and at least some of us have written it off as frustration but now it's blowing up in everyone's face. I don't think they're ready to blow it up I think they are ready to move on from people they believed to be a cancer in the locker room and I never thought I would feel that way about Antonio round I have loved having Antonio Brown here and even when he's gone I will be thankful for the time that he was here because he did great things for our organization and so did Le'Veon Bell. But it is time to move on and the time is right because you can still get good value out of him listen people want to talk about the controversy surrounding the Antonio Brown but nobody had a problem signing Terrell Owens it was always more about his talent than he was about his attitude and every single time it seemed like the media was surprised it Terrell Owens was Terrell Owens. The time is right and I think that Rooney has succumb to the idea that it is time to weed out the things that are the problem which is also why I am really surprised to hear that Keith Butler is most likely not getting fired.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Do you really blame the organization here or do you blame Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell? This sport is one of the greediest sports in the world. It always comes down to money. You don't have to look far for much evidence that Le'Veon Bell has almost always been a selfish player. I would argue that you could say the same thing about Antonio Brown and I personally never have so this isn't me trying to turn on him now that things went bad I'm just saying that you could at least make that argument with videos that he has made and posted with Twitter posts with not being focused where he needs to be focused. You can say that about Brown and Bell. Does the coaching staff deserve a little bit of responsibility for not putting a handle on their social media usage and things like this absolutely I think that is a fair criticism. But in the last couple of seasons the locker room controversy has seemingly surrounded Bell and brown repeatedly and at least some of us have written it off as frustration but now it's blowing up in everyone's face. I don't think they're ready to blow it up I think they are ready to move on from people they believed to be a cancer in the locker room and I never thought I would feel that way about Antonio round I have loved having Antonio Brown here and even when he's gone I will be thankful for the time that he was here because he did great things for our organization and so did Le'Veon Bell. But it is time to move on and the time is right because you can still get good value out of him listen people want to talk about the controversy surrounding the Antonio Brown but nobody had a problem signing Terrell Owens it was always more about his talent than he was about his attitude and every single time it seemed like the media was surprised it Terrell Owens was Terrell Owens. The time is right and I think that Rooney has succumb to the idea that it is time to weed out the things that are the problem which is also why I am really surprised to hear that Keith Butler is most likely not getting fired.

Yeah, I don't necessarily blame the organization for one player but it has become such a trend over the years.  Harrison, Ben, Bell, Brown.  It feels never-ending.  On one hand, I'm not sure what the coaching staff could have done because these are grown men.  On the other hand, it is such a massive problem in our locker room and not others.  Therefore, it seems difficult to absolve the higher-ups of blame

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I honestly believe and I could be wrong but I honestly believe that this has more to do with Antonio Brown's number is going down because of the emergence of JuJu Smith Schuster. I feel very strongly the end O'Neal Brown he is having the deal emotionally with sharing the spotlight and is doing so poorly

Just now, Steelers22 said:

Yeah, I don't necessarily blame the organization for one player but it has become such a trend over the years.  Harrison, Ben, Bell, Brown.  It feels never-ending.  On one hand, I'm not sure what the coaching staff could have done because these are grown men.  On the other hand, it is such a massive problem in our locker room and not others.  Therefore, it seems difficult to absolve the higher-ups of blame

I will say this if Mason Rudolph is not the guy then when they draft o true replacement quarterback it needs to be a guy with strong leadership qualities that is something that I am sorry Ben Roethlisberger has never had.

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

Perhaps Patrick Peterson could be a possibility as both are unhappy with their current situation.

Realistically speaking while Patrick Peterson might be unhappy the Cardinals have been very adamant about not wanting to trade him. With Todd Bowles joining the Denver Broncos I would be absolutely shocked if Chris Harris was traded. So let's assume for a second that those guys are not options. Then the question becomes who are your options if you are completely sold on train for a corner and pics. The answer to that question for me is gareon Conley and a first-round pick. The Oakland Raiders have more than one first round pick and they are going to be desperately in need of wide receivers trading Conley definitely weakens a defense but it's a trade you might be able to make happen. Till I say you can't make that happen okay then what are your other options?

Allow me to go a different direction what about Nigel Bradham or Brandon Graham or maybe even Jordan Hicks from the Philadelphia Eagles?

Maybe inside linebacker jatavis Brown from the Los Angeles Chargers + pics. I understand that the charges might not be looked at as a serious Contender fan to any around the Keenan Allen isn't really exploding off the surface he hasn't really lived up to the hype and Tyrell Williams could be a free agent.

Maybe the Buffalo Bills or an option for Tremaine Edmunds that wouldn't Shock Me, tre'davious White probably a slim chance there or even Shaq Lawson.

Here's one I'm actually a little surprised no one mentioned and one I think actually could be realistic. What about the Arizona Cardinals Antonio Brown in exchange for Hassan Reddick David Amerson and a draft pick maybe a second round pick? David Amerson will be on the last year of his contract and for all intents and purposes he is a bust maybe he doesn't end up making the roster but he's a guy that you can at least kick the tires on and I think Redick would be amazing in our defense

All depends on which of those teams are moneyballing and which feel that they are close.  you will get your best deal from a team that thinks they are close.  The Jets ( maybe) or Chargers.

If they are following the Brown's moneyball route they will dump talent for draft picks.  It would not surprise me if Oakland dumps more talent to Tank for Trevor.

Archived