Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Beasley took a massive leap back last year, no?

I mean, I still would do that deal in a heartbeat. Ridley and JuJu would be a bruising duo of WRs. 

Stats yes. Play? No IMO. Losing Clayborne hurt him. 

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

WOOT!!  Pay up.  Bidding wars

I did say just the other day that I personally am a believer that we are going to make a killing off of Antonio Brown. I understand that we might view him as a problem but I said this maybe not verbatim but people are going to look at the situation as this is a team that has not done well that had an offense that struggled and struggled to make him a key part of it and as a result this is the situation we found us out then and will believe and maybe they are right that when this choir gets to their team it will not be an issue because they will do better by him. Somebody's going to Pony up a first-round pick and then some. It would not Shock me if somebody ponies up a first-round pick in the top 10

Tim Benz: Jerry Rice makes insane comments about Steelers’ Antonio Brown

By: Tim Benz, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Updated 4 hours ago

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown may have a$20,000 G.O.A.T ring. But when it comes to NFL wide receivers, San Francisco legend Jerry Rice is still the G.O.A.T — Greatest Of All Time.

Rice is the all-time leader in receiving yards, receptions and touchdowns.

He isn’t the G.O.A.T when it comes to being a sports talk radio guest, though.

Rice appeared on 95.7 The Game in San Francisco this week and made some remarkably quizzical comments.

“If you can get a guy like that, a guy that can really add to the offense of the San Francisco 49ers, where you can just let those guys play, I think you have to go for it,” Rice said.

OK. That’s understandable.

Then Rice went off the deep end.

When asked about the notion of the 49ers trying to acquire Brown, Rice blew off any belief that the disgruntled star would be a clubhouse problem, simply pinning his insubordination on his unhappiness with Mike Tomlin’s relationship with Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh.

”He wants to get out,” Rice said of Brown. “But this guy, he is a team player.”

Is he? Since when?

What part about skipping meetings and practices and refusing MRI’s makes him a team player? Do team players go AWOL for a full week, then show up for games expecting to play?

Do team players stomp around in anger on the sideline, stream live video from the locker room, show up their quarterbacks, sulk when they don’t get a lot of touches even when their team wins and absorb celebration penalties despite instructions not to do so?

That’s not being a team player. People think A.B. is a team player because he works hard. He does work hard. But working hard doesn’t counter selfishness.

As silly as that assessment may be, what Rice said next was even crazier.

”People have to realize, too, (tight end) George Kittle is going to get doubled. All of a sudden, defensive coordinators, they are going to want to take him out of the ball game,” Rice continued. “And you need someone on the other side that’s going to complement him where he can take that double-coverage off George Kittle, and they work together, and they become a tandem.”

I’m sorry, did Rice say that Brown would “complement” Kittle? Not the other way around?

Antonio Brown, a “complement” to a tight end?

Imagine someone telling Brown that.

Imagine someone telling Rice he was a “complement” to Brent Jones. Or a “tandem” with him. It is barely accurate to say Rice was a tandem with John Taylor.

It’d be Brown — with everyone else as a “complement” to him.

And, dear Lord, can you imagine how far into the ear of Jimmy Garoppolo Brown would be? He was starting to drive Roethlisberger nuts by the end of last year, if not before.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

the market should be serious, and they could control AB if the QB isn't throwing to the other team and if others have a legit work ethic and aren't mailing it in and are talking retirement etc.  Now it comes down to what will the steeler get. Would they ship AB to the Browns if they offered more?  What about the colts, do you want to get eliminated from the playoffs because of AB? 

The trademarked should be huge. Think of it like this: he is the best WR every year for the last 6 years overall. Some could argue a different player, but his numbers don't lie and his QB had his training camp in september for the last several years. 

Who are the frontrunners in the AB trade? I would expect teams with cap space , so at least 5 teams . Any GM thats serious must be thinking this can't be real, but it is. 

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

I bet he reads EVERYTHING on social media

that would drive me crazy if I was famous like him

Yea. He seems like the type of guy that just can’t let things go. Especially the reports thing. Like he never lashed out at reporters, but this seems the first time reporters turned on him. 

Archived