Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

I do think that we need to trade him but I don't think that we should trade him somewhere where he wants to go. I don't think that I would be opposed to trading him to the Raiders but I'd want their first round pick.

Back to the only teams I would even consider trading him to is the Buccaneers cardinals, dolphins, Jets, Jags, Lions, Panthers, Raiders, Rams(if Peters or Cooks was the return player), Redskins, Vikings

I think we should maybe just give this some time. I’d imagine tempers are running a tad hot. I mean, just look at what’s it’s like around here. This will cool down. AB and Ben will figure it out. They both(hopefully) know that they’re best with each other. Stay together, win a ring, Ben can retire, AB can be the elder statesmen pulling up records with a new QB. I think we all just need to cool down.

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think we should maybe just give this some time. I’d imagine tempers are running a tad hot. I mean, just look at what’s it’s like around here. This will cool down. AB and Ben will figure it out. They both(hopefully) know that they’re best with each other. Stay together, win a ring, Ben can retire, AB can be the elder statesmen pulling up records with a new QB. I think we all just need to cool down.

I disagree.  They are now on a 5 month break where they likely won't be seeing each other.  Usually things like this don't get better by going to your corners for more than like....a week.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I disagree.  They are now on a 5 month break where they likely won't be seeing each other.  Usually things like this don't get better by going to your corners for more than like....a week.

I agree this needs to just stand right now trade him for some sort of value and move on because otherwise this is going to be the narrative the entire offseason

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Well adults will talk to each other and try to fix this. I’m not hopeful that either Ben or AB are actually adults but I still would rather wait. Trading AB would devastate our chances at winning a SB. If we do, Ben may as well retire and we should start again.

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Well adults will talk to each other and try to fix this. I’m not hopeful that either Ben or AB are actually adults but I still would rather wait. Trading AB would devastate our chances at winning a SB. If we do, Ben may as well retire and we should start again.

I give it a month. Got to do this before the 5th day of the league year.

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

See if Rappaport retweet’s this. It’s the only new way to lock it in as gospel. 

LaConfora and Rappaport together? It happens within 24 hours. Book it. 

Crapaport and Peaches are so wrong all the time.  NFL.com is reporting that Brown DID NOT request a trade.

Look at the money.

Amount of money Steeler owe Brown if he plays for them in 2019: $21.2M

Amount of money Steeler owe Brown if he is traded  in 2019: $21.2M

He is not going anywhere

I doubt that he gets moved, but if the situation has become untenable and the FO thinks the team actually improves not having his personality on the roster regardless of his on the field production, and that dead money is gone anyway, I really feel like the 49ers would be in on this and I would hope that we are. I made my silly season madden trade offer in another thread, but I Think that there could easily be a trade pairing between the two teams. 

Archived