Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

I’ve been defending AB all day, at least saying to wait for info, get facts, not to jump to conclusions. But everytime something new has come out today it makes it harder and harder to do. I really want to hear from the man himself. There’s clearly a lot of dynamics at play here that we don’t understand. Still not sure I buy into some of the speculation going around. I think AB legit wants to win. I bet if we were 13-3 with a first round bye right now this wouldn’t be going on. Then again I could be way off base as well. Idk, all I do know is the dude needs counseling or something. Seems like he battles a lot of demons. Anger issues, etc

What is everyone's prediction of what will happen to Brown?

I doubt they cut him and let him go to one of our rivals.

If we trade him, we're not going to get nearly enough in return and we'll barely save any cap space.

Will he show up in camp?

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

I have proof that whatever he did, it didn't work.

I’d like to see it. If reports are true that it’s been a problem for 7ish years and it’s just now getting public that’s one mighty strange measure of “didn’t work”.

Brown has undoubtedly displayed some immature behavior. Whether that behavior was provoked or not I don't know. But when a player "acts out" the answer isn't always trading him. Many here have their own opinions and how they might handle it but we shouldn't be making decisions for grown men. They have plenty of time to be adults and talk out their differences and move on. Again, it's January. 

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’d like to see it. If reports are true that it’s been a problem for 7ish years and it’s just now getting public that’s one mighty strange measure of “didn’t work”.

I think the end results speak for themselves. 3 playoff wins, no Super Bowl appearances, and it's all ending up with this. Where Brown, a guy the team broke their own internal rules to compensate financially and whose deal they restructured out of trust, is basically trying to force his way out of town for the most petty reasons possible. The Steelers got a lot of productivity out of the guy in the mean time, but not what they ultimately wanted and now he's a threat to their future.

So, yea, this is all pretty good proof that the approach Tomlin took with this guy from early on hasn't panned out.

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Brown has undoubtedly displayed some immature behavior. Whether that behavior was provoked or not I don't know. But when a player "acts out" the answer isn't always trading him. Many here have their own opinions and how they might handle it but we shouldn't be making decisions for grown men. They have plenty of time to be adults and talk out their differences and move on. Again, it's January. 

What Brown did was worse than what TO ever did.

How do you feel about TO, Chief?

You can get Brown back in the building playing for you, but simply put...it isn't worth it. It's not worth the risk or the message it sends to everyone else on this roster.

1 hour ago, muncher said:

AB doesnt like tomlin

AB costs lots to get rid of and you lose the best wr ion the nfl

tomlin doesnt cost anything against the cap

i think the goal is to improve the team and do is fiscally

AB hates big Ben even more...you dont get rid of players or personnel just because AB doesn't like them. That's actually what would happen it Tomlin didn't have control over this team. 

1 hour ago, muncher said:

tomlin brougt this on himself by not doing anything to him in the past for his actions

if it wasnt for some teams mates spilling the beans, tomlin would have swept this under the rug too and continue with the 'injury' reason as why AB didnt play

he got exposed

Actually AB is pissed at Tomlin because he always punishes him and calls him out. He also tends to side with Big Ben...which is actually quite normal for any coach. Disgruntled players talking trash and telling half truths and whole lies is not being exposed...its proof that Tomlin is even more of a hard nose then would could ever dream of. 

1 minute ago, DudeWhat??? said:

AB hates big Ben even more...you dont get rid of players or personnel just because AB doesn't like them. That's actually what would happen it Tomlin didn't have control over this team. 

I'm not Mike Tomlin. But Antonio Brown went out of his way to try and undermine (read - humiliate) Tomlin today, and we don't even know if he's done yet. Regardless of what I think about Tomlin, not even a QB should get away with this sort of spectacle days after he QUIT on his teammates.

He's left the team three times since August, missing multiple meetings during the regular season. He's been contentious with the media at times. And his flare-up on the sideline in Week 2 against Kansas City signaled problems bubbling under the surface.

Brown's going off on a teammate during Week 17 and skipping days of work set off a barrage of questions for Tomlin at his end-of-year news conference.

"This has been going on for a while, but this year it's gotten worse," one team source said. "People have covered it up and it's not getting covered up anymore."

In the absence of details from Brown himself, here's one working theory offered up by a team source: Brown was trying to prove a point that the team would struggle without him: If JuJu Smith-Schuster can win the team MVP and get significant targets, see what happens when I'm not there?

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29888/antonio-brown-saga-what-happened-steelers-next-move-trade-chances

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

What Brown did was worse than what TO ever did.

How do you feel about TO, Chief?

Well first that is debatable. You keep bringing up TO. I don't recall expressing a lot of opinions on him. Not being an Eagle fan I found him annoying. As a Steeler fan I'm admittedly biased towards Brown. He is the best WR in the game and he plays for my team. It's gonna take A LOT more then these petty little arguments/actions for me to want him on another team. I'm not gonna tell you how to feel about this situation and I'm gonna feel how I want.  Neither is right or wrong. 

1 minute ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Actually AB is pissed at Tomlin because he always punishes him and calls him out. He also tends to side with Big Ben...which is actually quite normal for any coach. Disgruntled players talking trash and telling half truths and whole lies is not being exposed...its proof that Tomlin is even more of a hard nose then would could ever dream of. 

This is...just the exact opposite of what all sources are telling reporters or what's actually coming out right now. The above story being a prime example. Antonio Brown may feel Tomlin is too "aligned" with Roethlisberger, but Antonio Brown may not exactly be the most reliable narrator here. Beyond that, there's multiple reports of people saying outright that the team has a history of sweeping Brown's antics under the rug (which...anyone with half a brain who follows this team honestly can't be surprised by).

For me the bottom line is he quit on his team mates,  I've been as big an AB fan as anyone over the years but first and foremost I'm a Steelers fan he put himself above the team.  Now with his stupid antics today, posting himself with Harrison, unfollowing the team and following the niners, he's just going to bring the same kind of drama we endured this year with Bell.   Get what you can for him and move on.

10 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

This is...just the exact opposite of what all sources are telling reporters or what's actually coming out right now. The above story being a prime example. Antonio Brown may feel Tomlin is too "aligned" with Roethlisberger, but Antonio Brown may not exactly be the most reliable narrator here. Beyond that, there's multiple reports of people saying outright that the team has a history of sweeping Brown's antics under the rug (which...anyone with half a brain who follows this team honestly can't be surprised by).

Actually anyone with half a brain would understand that Antonio Brown is the only narrator that matters since only he can tell us what's going on in that head of his...furthermore if he tells us it's the relationship between Tomlin and Big Ben and on top of that he shows this to be true by his actions towards big Ben...common sense should prevail...yes..that's a huge problem that AB has. As far as antics ...this happens on every team... Tomlin got on him about the FB live and he got on him about sideline antics and AB will yet again face punishment... nothing new. 

Archived