Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

I don't know what more balance there could actually be. And this is what proves Brown is pretty irrational - he was the most targeted WR in the league this year. There were plays left on the field on bad throws. There were also times where I was left wondering what the hell Brown was doing, even if some didn't want to see it and instead just blamed Roethlisberger.

Regardless, this team ponied up and showed loyalty to Brown three times on his contract. They trusted him. And it's biting them big time here.

Yes it is biting them big-time but that's why I feel you just take the cap hit and you move on. He wants to go to the 49ers so you trade him somewhere else other than San Francisco. This is one of those times where you tell San Francisco flat out unless they're giving you two first round picks in 2019 or something of equal value that you are not even remotely going to negotiate with them. You sent him to the worst damn team giving up the most value that you can. If he honestly believe the grass is greener on the other side prove him wrong

For me Antonio Brown will become very much like AJ Green a guy I hope succeeds in the league and when we are not playing him I might even root for. But he's also a guy I no longer want on our team if the things being recorded right now are actually true. Those are words I thought I would never say because I've loved having Antonio Brown but we don't have room or time for drama that affects our ability to succeed on the field.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Like I said before I absolutely believe the Antonio Brown will be traded

What do you think we will get for him?  I'm sure it will be for some draft picks but which rounds?  

Just now, DR43 said:

What do you think we will get for him?  I'm sure it will be for some draft picks but which rounds?  

I would say it depends on who we are trading with. If it is the Oakland Raiders, who have multiple first-round picks I believe that we could get one out of them plus some. I would also question whether or not you could work out some sort of deal where you traded in Tonio Brown to the Oakland Raiders in return for a first round pick & Gareon Conley.

I Believe full heartedly the Antonio Brown is worth a first-round pick Plus but I think if you can get one or two second round picks plus a high end player or a second and third plus a decent young player I think that I would take that deal

11 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Well, I'm out of this discussion. I'm truly baffled. At least some of the same people defending Tomlin's management of the team are fine keeping a guy who embarrassed him and the entire organization over the last week. It's really baffling. Basically there was one line Brown couldn't cross, and he crossed it. And he did it in the slimiest way possible. It's just a game? Yea, sure. It's also a game that Brown gets paid incredibly well for. That's Art II's money down the drain this past Sunday. And don't think potentially losing a game check wasn't on Antonio's mind - that's why he had his agent call Mike Tomlin Sunday morning in the first place telling him he could suddenly play after he blew the team off for two days. Wouldn't want to lose out on a over a million dollars for conduct detrimental to the team after throwing a tantrum, after all.

Let's also remind people why the cap hit of Brown's is so high. It's because the Steelers first broke their own internal rules and rewarded Brown with more money two years out on his deal. Then they once again did it this year, restructuring his contract to give him more money this year and taking a greater financial risk for themselves. And that SPECIAL loyalty was sure returned in spades, wasn't it?

It's clear that over the past week Antonio has been done with the team. He may very well change his mind for one reason or another, but he's shown you that you can't count on him to be a professional and show up even for a must-win game. And he's the second highest paid guy on your team. He's shown you that if too much praise is heaped on Juju, he may just lose his mind in a fit of jealous rage.

It's called common sense. Who is defending Tomlin? There is no reason to defend him because he did nothing wrong. AB being a diva is not his fault... The team wanted to hide his antics is not his fault or call either. The hypocrisy of being mad at AB yet blaming Tomlin for his behavior is beyond ridiculous. AB is too blame...and so is big ben...  but more AB. Tomlin has absolutely nothing to do with it ...the FO is also to blame.. but we have seen FOs hide antics by everyone from Aaron Roger's to randy moss as best as they could. The NFL and the chiefs did this with hunt just this year with much more serious infractions than just antics. ... again..  it is not rocket science.  

the record as far as San Francisco is concerned the only way I would trade Antonio Brown to the San Francisco 49ers and yes I understand this is going to sound crazy he is if the trade was as follows:

SF 1st round Pick, SF 3rd Round pick, DE Solomon Thomas (most likely an OLB in our defense).

For AB

Another team to consider might be the Indianapolis Colts who have an extra second-round pick you might be able to get it first and second from them for Antonio Brown Butt is that really a place you would want to go with Ty Hilton there?

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

the record as far as San Francisco is concerned the only way I would trade Antonio Brown to the San Francisco 49ers and yes I understand this is going to sound crazy he is if the trade was as follows:

SF 1st round Pick, SF 3rd Round pick, DE Solomon Thomas (most likely an OLB in our defense).

For AB

Another team to consider might be the Indianapolis Colts who have an extra second-round pick you might be able to get it first and second from them for Antonio Brown Butt is that really a place you would want to go with Ty Hilton there?

Aren't we in control of this trade? If so...who cares where AB goes... he will have to humble himself 

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

For AB

doubt SF parts with the 3rd overall pick just for AB. we would prolly have to add our 1st in the deal 

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Just FYI, Thomas in no way shape or form can be an olb in your defense. He's not even a pass rushing defensive end in our scheme. He's a three tech or a rotational run defensive end in a 4-3. Assuming you play a 3-4, he probably does you no good. He's probably too light to man the edge as a 3-4 end, though i suppose it's possible, but there's no way you can put him as an OLB 

Just now, August4th said:

doubt SF parts with the 3rd overall pick just for AB. we would prolly have to add our 1st in the deal 

Yeah, it's not happening for #3 overall. We wouldn't even part with #9 overall for OBJ last year (the rumors were we were trying to get them to take our second + the following year's number 1). 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Just FYI, Thomas in no way shape or form can be an olb in your defense. He's not even a pass rushing defensive end in our scheme. He's a three tech or a rotational run defensive end in a 4-3. Assuming you play a 3-4, he probably does you no good. He's probably too light to man the edge as a 3-4 end, though i suppose it's possible, but there's no way you can put him as an OLB 

Good info. I also agree with you about the #3 overall. John Lynch isnt that stupid.

Everybody will kick the tires on the idea. This whole Deebo interview thing could really hurt the value a lot because of the greater evidence of the need to move on from AB in a situation that is irreparable. Many of the better wrs tend to play well til about 34 or 35, so age shouldn't really be an issue. Locker room concerns really the only concern as the money isn't even that bad going forward. 

The Steelers really shouldn't move him for anything less than a 1st, and theres no reason why it cant be a high first , if the market is there, in what is very much considered a VERY thin draft in regards to top level talent at the position. Teams with significant need at the position: Arizona, San Francisco, NY Jets, Oakland , Buffalo, Jacksonville, Miami, Washington, Carolina, Cleveland, Dallas, Seattle to name a few.

Teams with a significant cap space Indy (122m); NYJ (106m); Buf (84m); CLE (74m) ; Oak (71m) ; Hou (67m); Sea (60m);  Arizona (57m); SF (53m) ; Dal (50m); Car (20m); Was (17m) ; Mia (13m) ; Jax (-6m)

Cap is expected to expand by at least 10m. 

4 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Teams with a significant cap space Indy (122m); NYJ (106m); Buf (84m); CLE (74m) ; Oak (71m) ; Hou (67m); Sea (60m);  Arizona (57m); SF (53m) ; Dal (50m); Car (20m); Was (17m) ; Mia (13m) ; Jax (-6m)

Going through this list:

Indy would be interested, but then again their GM is a high character guy.

NYJ is 100% a chance, and would likely go for Bell and use trading for AB as bait.  Would be funny to see how fast those two get in trouble with the NYC media if they think Pitt is bad.

Bills would be funny to see him with the inaccurate Allen.

Cleveland take off the list.

Oakland, I think Mayock is too smart to take that on, but they got 5 picks in the first two rounds.

Houston needs too much OL help and try to retain Mathieu and Clowney

Seattle wouldn't touch him with their recent character cleanup.

Arizona would be funny with all their mess.

SF is a legit chance to do a combo Bell/Brown trade and recruit.

Dallas is legit, but again a team that needs a bunch of guys extended this offseason.

Carolina is iffy but likely out.

Washington is a mystery, but I bet would give us a high 1st for him.

Miami wouldn't touch him.

Jacksonville for sure out.

So off that list:  NYJ, Buff, Oakland, SF, Washington is my most likely list.

Archived