DARNOLD'S FIRST YEAR REPORT CARD

doumeyer

Darnold's, first year was a up and down year. But he showed a lot of poise, and good strong accurate arm. He ended the season with more TD passes than INT's. He played for one if not the worst offensive team in the NFL. A team with no running game when Crowell went down. Poor O line & receiver who were in and out of the lineup all year long. For a kid who just turn 21 one month before the season started what more can you ask from him. There is no question with the right supporting cast, he can take the Jets a long way for many years.

Look at my list of HOF QB's who had bad first years, and they all had more INT than TD passes

John Elway

Troy Aiknan

Drew Brees

Payton Manning

It is not fair to give Darnold, a grade for the first year due to the circumstance he had to play under. I REALLY BELIEVE DARNOLD IS THE REAL DEAL 

I feel real good about Sam as well.  The most promising part is how he played when he came back from his foot injury.  It looked as though the game slowed down for him and he was more decisive with his decision making.  While making a splash with signing a skilled offensive player like Bell is sexy, I believe it to be more important for us to ensure we have a great o-line in front of Sam.  The best part of it all is we have so much cap room I think we can accomplish both.  

Darnold is the real deal. He played with the worst set of talent in the NFL, we have NO TALENT at all. For him to have more TD than INTs, speaks volumes. Hes gonna be a playmaker and a franchise QB. The Jets need to hire a offensive minded HC and change the mindset of this team, they need to build an actual OL and get WEAPONS on offense. 

We need to surround Darnold with weapons this offseason for him to make a jump year 2.  

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold is the real deal. He played with the worst set of talent in the NFL, we have NO TALENT at all. For him to have more TD than INTs, speaks volumes. Hes gonna be a playmaker and a franchise QB. The Jets need to hire a offensive minded HC and change the mindset of this team, they need to build an actual OL and get WEAPONS on offense. 

We need to surround Darnold with weapons this offseason for him to make a jump year 2.  

You are 100% correct, you said it all

I think anyone who watched him play probably feels the same. The kid is the real deal. Cant wait to see what he becomes in a year or two.

We need to surround him with better playmakers and an OC that doesn't have a predictable offense. Enunwa and Anderson are good #2 and #3 receivers and Herndon is a good TE. We need to get another starting WR and beef up this running game. 

22 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I feel real good about Sam as well.  The most promising part is how he played when he came back from his foot injury.  It looked as though the game slowed down for him and he was more decisive with his decision making.  While making a splash with signing a skilled offensive player like Bell is sexy, I believe it to be more important for us to ensure we have a great o-line in front of Sam.  The best part of it all is we have so much cap room I think we can accomplish both.  

If we retained our offensive cast and revamped the OL only I'd consider that a massive win.  Adding a WR or RB would be gravy on top.  Totally agree that OL needs to be the priority and WR/RB second but would love to do both.

51 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If we retained our offensive cast and revamped the OL only I'd consider that a massive win.  Adding a WR or RB would be gravy on top.  Totally agree that OL needs to be the priority and WR/RB second but would love to do both.

With 100+mill, and 2 valuable picks we should 100% be able to upgrade the OL and get weapons. If we don't Macc needs to go. Especially since we don't need much on defense. An edge is really all we need. Anything besides that is a luxury, and that's what will piss me off. To see us spending our picks and money on CBs and DLineman.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

With 100+mill, and 2 valuable picks we should 100% be able to upgrade the OL and get weapons. If we don't Macc needs to go. Especially since we don't need much on defense. An edge is really all we need. Anything besides that is a luxury, and that's what will piss me off. To see us spending our picks and money on CBs and DLineman.

Well yes pass rusher is a major need but CB is as well.  Mo was average last year and a FA and Tru was disappointing and nearly 30.  While a need in the near future I don't think CB will be a need this offseason.  I expect 2020 CB will be a huge need and this year we just have to hope Tru bounces back and a guy like Jones or Roberts can hold down the other spot and not be a huge liability.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Well yes pass rusher is a major need but CB is as well.  Mo was average last year and a FA and Tru was disappointing and nearly 30.  While a need in the near future I don't think CB will be a need this offseason.  I expect 2020 CB will be a huge need and this year we just have to hope Tru bounces back and a guy like Jones or Roberts can hold down the other spot and not be a huge liability.

We need to field a offense of NFL standard to help make Darnold a franchise QB WAY MORE than the need of a CB. CB like I stated would be a luxury. Could we upgrade there? Of course. But the need on offense to have playmakers and a good line if far superior.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We need to field a offense of NFL standard to help make Darnold a franchise QB WAY MORE than the need of a CB. CB like I stated would be a luxury. Could we upgrade there? Of course. But the need on offense to have playmakers and a good line if far superior.

Pretty much exactly what I said but I wouldn't call it a luxury.  It's a need just not as high on the list as other spots.

Archived