2019 Opponents

Bowler1215

Chicago Bears
Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants
Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Rams, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Hard but not brutal.  6 playoff teams, but 4 come to town.  Mack gets to go back to Oakland(unless they're in Vegas, not sure when or if that's happening)  Wild card rematch with Philly.  We should repeat as division champs, but anythings possible.  With few holes to fill, we'll be in contention. 

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

London? That amount of travel seems insane.  Maybe if they played 8 home games in a row then 8 away games.  Or 5,5,6.  Something like that.  Then you would have to stay somewhere during those times and have a place to practice, none of which is free.  Logistical and costly nightmare. Maybe league would subsidize it for expanded market. Still seems a big disadvantage and life disruption. 

If Oakland plays in Vegas in 2019 or any year in near future Bears fans will take over that stadium and make a weekend of it in Vegas.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, Pool said:

Rams Chargers and Saints are the only teams that scare me on that schedule. Every other team game is very winnable.

Games against Dallas and Philly will also be tough, but guess what?   The rest of the NFC North has to face those teams also.

The only disadvantage the Bears have in finishing 1st this year is that we have to play the Saints and Rams, but one of those is at home against the Saints, who usually struggle at Soldier Field, and who knows, Brees may decide to hang em up if he goes out on top and wins it this year.

Green Bay has to play both Panthers and 49ers next season, who I both expect to be much improved.  Vikings have to play Seahawks and Falcons who will also be  better IMO.  

That leaves the Lions with the easiest schedule in the North but I really don;'t think they are going to do much again under Patricia, who I expect will be fired after next season.  IMO firing Jim Caldwell was the stupidest thing they could have done.

None of those teams scare me. I think the Saints will regress next year, Rams will be good but we can beat them. Chargers will be a close game but they aren't elite and will regress next year as well. Chiefs will be a shoot out but I expect Mitch to be much better and score 27+ on that Chiefs D. 

I can see 10-6 with this team next year, and if Nagy is an elite coach 11-12 wins is not out of the question with the talent this team has and if Mitch is consistently good next year.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:40 AM, Bowler1215 said:

Chicago Bears
Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants
Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Rams, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Hard but not brutal.  6 playoff teams, but 4 come to town.  Mack gets to go back to Oakland(unless they're in Vegas, not sure when or if that's happening)  Wild card rematch with Philly.  We should repeat as division champs, but anythings possible.  With few holes to fill, we'll be in contention. 

Home:  Division is beatable unless they have great off seasons to fix glaring weaknesses.  Possible as they all have QB in place.  Cowboys have some talented guys, but Dak Prescott does not impress me.  Chiefs are scary as Mahomes is most talented QB in league it looks like.  Chargers Rivers has to hit age wall at some point.  Ditto for Brees.  Lets hope its 2019 for both. Otherwise those are tough games.  Giants will have Manning (already hit wall) or a rookie - not scary other than meta human RB.  

Away:  Ditto division.  Broncos are not scary as Elway is mucking things up.  Rams will lose players and may have SB hangover as I think either they or NO wins it all. They won't be as good as this season.  Raiders are still rebuilding I think, if game is in LV it will be a Bears home game as many will travel to go to that for a weekend.  They have a lot of picks, but a lot of holes too.  As long as Eagles have that D Line they are scary.  O line is aging though which will be an equalizer, plus they may have a QB controversy which never helps.  Redskins are a joke.  

SoS based on win/losses doesn't mean anything. Unless in some parallel dimensional way someone can show me that each team will perform the exact same as they did the year before, I put zero stock in this.

Each year we hear about "X team will have the toughest schedule....how will they win X amount of games". Then said team win those games and then we hear "X team only won because they had the easiest schedule in the league".

Archived