2019 Opponents

Bowler1215

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

TNF is going nowhere, unfortunately, so my solution would be that whoever plays on TNF is coming off of a bye. Period. Start TNF right off of the bat to open the year and don't restart until week 5 (byes start in week 4). There are anywhere from 4-6 byes per week until closer to the end of the year, IIRC, when the final week of byes have 2 byes. They have ~10 days off before the TNF game and then another ~10 days off before the next. That would actually show that they believe in "player safety."

It would make for better games, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Importantly, it’s a road game for us. 

This means Oakland was going to host *a* London game either way but it also adds fuel to the fire that is the rumor that they may be playing every home game in London in 2019. Yikes. I still don't know why they don't just play at UNLV for the year but what do I know?

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

This means Oakland was going to host *a* London game either way but it also adds fuel to the fire that is the rumor that they may be playing every home game in London in 2019. Yikes. I still don't know why they don't just play at UNLV for the year but what do I know?

I would say that UNLV just isnt equipped for NFL games, but truthfully, neither is the Stub Hub center.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I would say that UNLV just isnt equipped for NFL games, but truthfully, neither is the Stub Hub center.

And neither was Champaign in the early 2000's. It's just for a year.

I was thinking more and I think this actually ends those rumors of 8 games in London for the Raiders, because otherwise  they wouldn't be advertising "5 international games." Otherwise it would be 9.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:05 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Importantly, it’s a road game for us. 

Eazy peazy.  Way better than playing in the black hole on that terrible field.  Though it kind of sucks for Raiders fans in OAK who won't get to see return of the Mack. B|

Archived