Playoffs Week 1: GDT

onejayhawk

Potential Chiefs opponents are all in the top 10 scoring defenses. Baltimore, Chargers, Colts in that order. 18-21pts/gm.

Chiefs are in the bottom 10 scoring defenses. 26pts/gm

Baltimore leads the NFL in defense yardage/gm. The others are 9th, 11th. Only KC and Cincy gave up more than 400yds/gm.

Chiefs lead the NFL in scoring offense at 35pts/gm. The others in order are Indy, Chargers, Baltimore at 27-24pts/gm.

TOP: Chiefs lost to Chargers (27-33min), beat Baltimore (37-31min/OT). (most recent games)

Chiefs will play at home. This might be the best saving factor for them. Take the 3pts home field advantage and play any team. All 3 opponents have good and bad factors. But if I had to choose, i'd pick playing the Colts. Baltimore's defense is very strong and gave Mahomes fits for the schemes they presented him. The Chargers have played us twice now and know us better than any other team. Play the Colts despite Andy Luck.

I got:

Cowboys over Seahawks in a close one.

Bears over Eagles

Chargers over Ravens

Colts over Texans

So I guess that would see us play the Colts and NE play LAC. Could be very interesting! NFC would have some nice match ups with Bears and Rams and Saints and Cowboys.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Would it be better to bring back LDT or Armani Watts? I gotta imagine it's gonna take time for the good Doctor to get his strength back up and I'd bet Watts would roll. Idk just a thought

I think it's a no brainer. If you can get your starting RG back you should bring him back. Unfortunately i can't find any information on his health status. One week he started training, but there is no information how far he is and if he is ready. If he isn't ready and someone else like Watts is ready, obviously we should bring him back, although i doubt that we would use Watts often. It took Sutton a long time to give other players a shot. I don't think he would use a rookie Safety in a playoff game that much, if he has his boy Sorensen and hopefully a healthy Berry back.

Edit: So the Colts will visit us in Arrowhead. We never beat them in the playoffs. 4 playoff games with some heart breaking losses. The 1995 playoffs when our kicker missed 3 FG and we lost 10-7. The No Punt Game in 2003 and obviously the collapse in 2013. The only loss resulting in a clear defeat happened in the playoffs of 2006. It's going to be a tough game. Their defense is good and their O-Line might be the best in the league. Luck is a great QB, who picked us apart in 2013, but it's about time to end this streak. Maybe, just maybe our future will turn out to be different and that's what i'm strongly hoping for.

Archived