Playoffs Week 1: GDT

onejayhawk

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

From the airport, I-435 to I-70W. I personally prefer exiting at Manchester and going in gate 5.

From downtown, it really depends where in downtown, but I-70 the whole way.

Thx for your answer. I'll let him know.

Speed kills and the Colts have not seen speed like we will throw at them. We will score.

The Chiefs have two little-discussed advantages--turnovers and Special teams. The first advantage is slight. While the Chiefs hold a season advantage of +9 to +2, the Colts turnovers were concentrated in the first third of the season. Lately, their ball security has improved. 

Special teams play is a significant advantage, particularly coverage and returns, though they do have an excellent punter.

It has been noted that the Colts played several teams with weak offenses. The reverse is also true. They have played several nasty defenses.

IMO this is a top 5 team, comparable to the Chargers and the Rams. Comparable, but not better.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

It has been noted that the Colts played several teams with weak offenses. The reverse is also true. They have played several nasty defenses.

They also average roughly 8 points per game less than KC offensively.

Speaking in points, on average, the Chiefs played a top 15.3 defense, with Oakland (32nd) really making it lower than it should be with LAC (8th) and DEN (13th). Remove their division games and it's a roughly 11.6 average.

The Colts played an average of a top 13.8 defense. However, their divisional opponents were 3rd (TEN) and 4th (JAX/HOU tie). Take out those games and the average defense was 16.6 in points.

I think it's pretty even overall and while you can only play the games that you're scheduled, KC outperformed IND. And just for shiggles, the difference between the 11th and 17th defense was 0.8 ppg and 223 yards.

Archived