Who do you think “The Next Guy” will be?

rfournier103

We have been beyond blessed to have Tom Brady as our quarterback since 2001, and enjoyed almost unrivaled success. And while I wish Brady at least a few more successful years under center, eventually the Patriots will need another QB to take the reins. 

Who do you think it could be, and where will he come from? High first rounder?  Unheralded low round draft pick?  Veteran free agent?  

What say ye?

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

High first round pick in 2020 or 2021.

That said I think they will draft a QB in round 2-4 this year to replace Hoyer as backup QB

I sure hope so. 

Nothing against Hoyer, but he’s not even a serviceable backup in my opinion. 

Do you have anyone in particular in mind?

Just now, rfournier103 said:

I sure hope so. 

Nothing against Hoyer, but he’s not even a serviceable backup in my opinion. 

Do you have anyone in particular in mind?

No but I think BB knows what's at stake. And there were already rumors about trading up for Mayfield last draft so I think he is trying to improve the overall talent on the roster next draft and in 2020 he will collect assets and throw all them together to trade up as high as he can to draft a QB. Right now there will be 3 big ones in Fromm, Tagovailoa and Herbert. If we can manage to get one of them I feel good about our future. BB can construct a roster, we just need to hit on the next QB.

17 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

No but I think BB knows what's at stake. And there were already rumors about trading up for Mayfield last draft so I think he is trying to improve the overall talent on the roster next draft and in 2020 he will collect assets and throw all them together to trade up as high as he can to draft a QB. Right now there will be 3 big ones in Fromm, Tagovailoa and Herbert. If we can manage to get one of them I feel good about our future. BB can construct a roster, we just need to hit on the next QB.

I like Fromm myself. However, I think it’ll be someone out of left field (see: Garapollo, Jimmy). I know that I had no idea who he was when the Pats got him. I think the next QB will take us by surprise. 

I reckon the one to take over starting QB will be a mid-to-high rounder in either this draft, or (preferably the next), BUT, he won't be any good - and the next one after that will be a higher draft pick of a subsequent draft.

Welcome to being a fan of all other teams, I guess.

39 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I reckon the one to take over starting QB will be a mid-to-high rounder in either this draft, or (preferably the next), BUT, he won't be any good - and the next one after that will be a higher draft pick of a subsequent draft.

Welcome to being a fan of all other teams, I guess.

I have a good feeling that Bill & co. will hit on their next quarterback. Tom was obviously a hit, Garoppolo was too, and even Brissett was a good pick I guess seeing how he turned out in one year in the system. And with the Baker thing, we now know why Josh wanted him so bad. He's a player for sure.

My guesses are either Will Grier, Jake Bentley, Jacob Eason, or, if we bomb in 2020, Trevor Lawrence. Unless Danny Etling decides he wants it to be him and becomes the next Brady.

Archived