Sign in to follow this  
KingTitan

Mike Vrabel: Year One

I think if this was New York or a larger market, media would sing his praises about having a competitive team despite the injuries. 

You lose your all pro TE. 

Win against the division leader with w backup QB and minus your two all pro tackles. 

Win multiple games with an injured starting QB. 

Start Undrafted WRs and get production somewhat. 

Lose starters on defense throughout the year and still have a top 10 defense. 

Have your team within a Gabbert INT of a playoff game. 

If you step back and look at it objectively, it was an impressive job. 

First year HC and OC too. 

I’d say he did a pretty damn good job. No way this team goes 9-7 with all those injuries with Mularkey as HC. Also not his fault his QB gets hurt every other game. Looking forward to seeing him and LaFleur(hopefully) progress in their 2nd years. I feel if we would’ve won against the Colts, Vrabel shouldn’t definitely been considered for COTY.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’d say he did a pretty damn good job. No way this team goes 9-7 with all those injuries with Mularkey as HC. Also not his fault his QB gets hurt every other game. Looking forward to seeing him and LaFleur(hopefully) progress in their 2nd years. I feel if we would’ve won against the Colts, Vrabel shouldn’t definitely been considered for COTY.

With Mularkey, it felt like we underachieved(especially last season). With Vrabel this season, it felt like we overachieved given all the injuries and adversity(Matthews leaving, Dean Pees health, ect.).

I'll say for the first time since probably the Fisher days, I feel good about our head coach and the coaching staff as a whole.

Edited by TitanSlim

Did a solid job, though I worry about our defense whenever Pees decides to hang it up.

I’m happy with what the coaches did this year. I was hard on LaFleur early but even said I had to cut him some slack because it was his first year. 

Hopefully all the coordinators are back I would like to see what the team can really do when we get our injured guys back and really looking forward to Free Agency and the draft. 

The most exciting part to me is that we went 9-7 with so many of our key players injured. Imagine what this coaching staff can do with a full arsenal of our key players to work with. A returning Delanie, a healthier Conklin, healthy Casey/Logan Ryan, along with additions of a new WR2, another young pass rusher, and interior OLine/DLine help should set us up for a really talented team that could turn into a contender in the AFC.