New Regime and the Run Game in 2019

thejedi41

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Im all for trading Brate for a third round pick or so but we better have a back up plan. Howard has not played a full season yet. I know we shut his season down but so far through 2 he is prone to injury. 

To save money Bucs should trade Brate and then draft his cheaper replacement in this deep TE class. Brate is a good but its not like he gets separation. Guy just knows how to use his body well.

If we're getting a third or better back, then yah I wouldn't be opposed to moving him. I don't see that happening though with his contract...

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If we're getting a third or better back, then yah I wouldn't be opposed to moving him. I don't see that happening though with his contract...

His contract is nothing, really. He's right in the middle in terms of TEs. I don't think his contract would be an issue at all.

His dip in production is what worries me. I'd think a fourth or fifth would be about what we could expect. He looked rough at times this year.

"That old mare, she ain't what she used be."  Brate used to be the outlet for Winston.  I LOVED watching them connect in the end zone time and time again.  He's just not the same player he was.  I was hard watching all the drops this season.   It happens...  I'd hate to see him go but, let's get what we can for him.  

5 minutes ago, thejedi41 said:

"That old mare, she ain't what she used be."  Brate used to be the outlet for Winston.  I LOVED watching them connect in the end zone time and time again.  He's just not the same player he was.  I was hard watching all the drops this season.   It happens...  I'd hate to see him go but, let's get what we can for him.  

Agreed. Production is the issue for me. The savings of $7M is a bonus, and frankly should be used to extend Hump. I don’t want targets being taken away from Howard just because we have a $7M TE also on the roster.

14 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Agreed. Production is the issue for me. The savings of $7M is a bonus, and frankly should be used to extend Hump. I don’t want targets being taken away from Howard just because we have a $7M TE also on the roster.

Yea if he could be a half decent blocker I would be OK with him staying with the salary but he literally is a one trick pony and its on the decline.   With that said we do need another TE unless some of the practice squad dudes are decent.  I have seen enough of Auclair and his holding penalties.

Archived