Positive takeaways from this season

titans0021

4 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I don't feel like he's ever had any real contributions from the slot since coming here. Rarely, if ever, see him as the guy going across the middle. 

All of his contributions have been outside. 

That’s because he’s an outside receiver. That what he mainly played in college and that’s what he’s showing now. People just see small receiver and think instantly “slot guy” when that not even close to what he is

On 1/4/2019 at 8:07 AM, TitanRedd said:

If Taywan makes a permanent move to the slot I’m all for it, however as an outside receiver I have my doubts 

I think he's much better suited to play on the outside, actually. His speed is better than his short area quickness, he's not that crisp of a route runner (yet), but again, that's something that his speed can cover for on the outside, and his rookie year he looked lost (or scared) at times going over the middle of the field.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That’s because he’s an outside receiver. That what he mainly played in college and that’s what he’s showing now. People just see small receiver and think instantly “slot guy” when that not even close to what he is

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he actually played much more snaps in the slot in college than for us. He was a favorite of mine as a prospect to fill that slot role and I could swear it was because that's where I mostly saw him play. Anyway, my memory could be off.

Archived