Sign in to follow this  
detroitroar

JBC FIRED

23 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

The hell took so long??

No action was needed. His contract expired.

6 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

No action was needed. His contract expired.

I was quite aware. Thank you.

Are Lions fans happy about this?  I was under the impression that he was doing a pretty good job as OC, although I haven't watched as many Lions games this year as I usually do.

31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Are Lions fans happy about this?  I was under the impression that he was doing a pretty good job as OC, although I haven't watched as many Lions games this year as I usually do.

I think that we are all pretty happy. I liked him a lot early on, since Stafford seemed to do very well in his scheme, but I haven't been impressed this year. It's hard to say how much of it came from Patricia, who very much wants a "ball control" offense, but there were too many series that went run, run, short pass, punt. Stafford has been a dink and dunk type of guy this year, when his greatest asset is his big arm. Part of that is due to personnel (injuries and trades), but JBC ran a very vanilla offense this year. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

No one really cares to be honest. Predictable, expected, the domino's will start to roll with fans if Stafford is moved or when the GM/Coach are fired next year. Everyones in "Blah" mode.  They could just be competitive when it matters also, that'd help alot. No one at all even cares of gives an ounce of credit to the Lions for going up to Lambo and shutting out Aaron Rodgers. We know it's fake. 

Edited by SimbaWho

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

No one really cares to be honest. Predictable, expected, the domino's will start to roll with fans if Stafford is moved or when the GM/Coach are fired next year. Everyones in "Blah" mode.  They could just be competitive when it matters also, that'd help alot. No one at all even cares of gives an ounce of credit to the Lions for going up to Lambo and shutting out Aaron Rodgers. We know it's fake. 

Sorry it's that way for your team.  I know how you feel because I feel the same way about the Minnesota Timberwolves.  They have some good players, but they are so poorly run that I can't believe they will ever go anywhere until the current owner sells the team to someone who is competent.

Unfortunate forJBC.  My hope is that Patricia and hire a "fresh" mind to run the offense.  They need some who's going to reinvigorate Stafford and bring back a tiny bit of the gunslinger mentality that he used to have.  They need someone  who's creative and can incorporate the running and passing games into a dynamic attack, an offense that dictates to defenses rather than reacts to what another team's defense is doing to us.  I'd also fire Godsey as QB coach.  From what I read, he's not that good a coach.  Hopefully , Patricia won't regurgitate Charlie Weis.  I'll be very upset.

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Whatever good things we saw previously with JBC, we saw more bad this season. It doesn't seem like JBC and Patricia are a good fit.

17 hours ago, lioneye22 said:

Unfortunate forJBC.  My hope is that Patricia and hire a "fresh" mind to run the offense.  They need some who's going to reinvigorate Stafford and bring back a tiny bit of the gunslinger mentality that he used to have.  They need someone  who's creative and can incorporate the running and passing games into a dynamic attack, an offense that dictates to defenses rather than reacts to what another team's defense is doing to us.  I'd also fire Godsey as QB coach.  From what I read, he's not that good a coach.  Hopefully , Patricia won't regurgitate Charlie Weis.  I'll be very upset.

I'm nervous about who the team is going to hire. Patricia has talked a lot about having a "ball control" offense, which is just not what you want in today's NFL. Even if you have a good or even great defense you should still want a dynamic offense. 

JBC proved he was a good coordinator. What chance did he have under Patricia? Injuries, the Tate trade etc.

Once the Lions hired Patricia the result was the most boring, largely vanilla offence in decades.

So now they will likely hire someone with a Patriots connection and the saga will continue.

Three more years then it will be wash, rinse, repeat and the next GM and Coaching flavour of the month will be hired.

He did, but he also never evolved. 

Patricia himself said he was to blame for some of the conservative approach, but there was still a lot left to be desired.

He has no feel for when to call playaction. He has no feel for when to call screens. He seemingly forgot Khalil Mack was playing for the Bears.

I loved the Tate trade. We weren't going to resign him for what he wanted, so we got a 3rd for him. I would of been happy with a 4th.

14 hours ago, detroitroar said:

He did, but he also never evolved. 

Patricia himself said he was to blame for some of the conservative approach, but there was still a lot left to be desired.

He has no feel for when to call playaction. He has no feel for when to call screens. He seemingly forgot Khalil Mack was playing for the Bears.

I loved the Tate trade. We weren't going to resign him for what he wanted, so we got a 3rd for him. I would of been happy with a 4th.

That evolution could very well have been stunted by Patricia. 

The Tate trade was the signal they gave up on the season.