Trade for Antoino Brown?

jleisher

I absolutely would trade for him after doing your fair research on why he is having off the field/locker room issues now.  Would also want to make sure he would be willing to continue playing under his current contract. 

Should have about a $15 million salary in 2019 and has roughly 3 years and 39 million of salary left.  Pittsburgh is on the hook for all the bonus they already paid him.   That is a very fair price for what WR's are going for.  A few above average to good, not great, WR's were getting about $14 million per last year on the open market.

That 3 year commitment is just about right too, not getting locked into anything too long and I believe we could cut him whenever we'd want with no dead cap.  He may not want to play under his current contract, because he could probably do more than 3/39 on the open market. 

I would be willing to offer a 4th, could maybe get talked into a 3rd.  But don't think I'd go any higher than that though. 

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would his cap hit in GB just be his published cap hit minus the yearly portion of his signing bonus?

I believe it should just be his salary and future roster bonuses. 

He got his signing bonus upon signing and Pitt converted his 2018 salary to a bonus to spread that cap hit out, so that was paid too.

So I guess technically the published cap hits minus the already paid prorated signing bonuses would be the same thing. 

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would his cap hit in GB just be his published cap hit minus the yearly portion of his signing bonus?

Yes.  PITT eats the signing bonus that is remaining.  GB takes on the base salary (for sure) and I think the roster/workout bonus stuff.