Trade for Antoino Brown?

jleisher

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Not a perfect storm. His salary isn't that bad. Over the next 3 years he'd be the 17th, 15th and 12th highest cap hit in 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively for any team that trades for him. And that's before the next 3 rounds of WRs get paid.

So if you think he's better than that, he'd be a football bargain.

All comes down to what you think of the guy, which none of us have any real insight to. Sounds like there's a lot of dysfunction in PIT.

His salary would be ideal if we knew he didn’t want an extension. I dont believe that to be the case though. 

There was a lot of dysfunction in Pitt but a lot of that revolves around Brown. Whether it’s him ignoring the coaching staff and doing what he wants or throwing his coach under a buss with the Facebook live crap  I dont think there is an offense big enough for AR12, Brown and DA17. Brown needs to be on a pedestal and requires 10+ targets a game. When he doesn’t get those targets he throws a fit. Love the talent, hate the fit. Don’t care about his age, his cap hit or the compensation, it’s a terrible fit.

The fact that a lot of these antics started after JJSS was voted team MVP was a terrible look. 

11 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

He might be worse! If teammates are speaking out against him, that’s bad

Big Ben speaking out against you is a compliment at this point. They are both at fault but let's not act like Ben isn't a crap person and terrible leader. He has gone out of his way numerous times to bus toss teammates/coaches. 

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by Brown, the player.  Great player on a good deal.

But that isn't the issue...or either issue here.

Issue #1...it is contract plus compensation.  Kind of like a Mack deal.  Salary plus compensation.  I'd rather keep our two firsts.  Maybe for the second or third round pick, but literally everyone should be lining up for that deal, so GB becomes unlikely...because...

Issue #2...character.  He's a hot mess.  He seems to want the spotlight.  He wouldn't get that in GB.  Third fiddle on offense to Rodgers and Davante.  He would hate that role.

It is a "no" from me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm intrigued by Brown, the player.  Great player on a good deal. But that isn't the issue...or either issue here.

Issue #1...it is contract plus compensation.  Kind of like a Mack deal.  Salary plus compensation.  I'd rather keep our two firsts.  Maybe for the second or third round pick, but literally everyone should be lining up for that deal, so GB becomes unlikely...because...

Issue #2...character.  He's a hot mess.  He seems to want the spotlight.  He wouldn't get that in GB.  Third fiddle on offense to Rodgers and Davante.  He would hate that role.

Issue #3 - AB runs an "imperfect" route leading in an incompletion and he receives AR's "stare of death" followed by guidance (in the form of on the field hand gestures) how to run the route properly - and all **** breaks loose on the field! LOL

14 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Doesn’t he want an extension?

That is a big question for me.  I am sure he would 1000x prefer to be released than traded, then he can go where he wants and sign a new contract, might be something closer to 16-17 million annually plus a new signing bonus rather than playing out his 3 year, 39 million million contract with 0 guaranteed.   Even if he said he would be okay with it, obviously no guarantee he won't be pushing for an extension next offseason or the 2021 offseason.

He has already pocketed 39 million in real money over the last 2 years, but I'm sure his agent will be in his ear saying that is irrelevant, you need a new contract with some new guaranteed money.

Edited by BrettFavre004
  • Like 1

I'd consider giving a second for him if he didn't demand a salary restructure. His cap number makes his contract a value (top 3 wr making  4M less than what he would be getting if he was a FA). Wrs usually can play at a high level until 33, so we'd likely get 3 productive years during ARs back end of prime.

Hypothetically though, I'd still rather sign John Brown for like 7-8M and use the second on a wr (Campbell, D Samuel). A wr core of Adams, J Brown, and the winner of Allison, MVS, Campbell, EBS, would go far.

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Not a perfect storm. His salary isn't that bad. Over the next 3 years he'd be the 17th, 15th and 12th highest cap hit in 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively for any team that trades for him. And that's before the next 3 rounds of WRs get paid.

So if you think he's better than that, he'd be a football bargain.

All comes down to what you think of the guy, which none of us have any real insight to. Sounds like there's a lot of dysfunction in PIT.

Didn’t this all start with him complaining about touches and issues with his contract along with teammates commenting and he retaliating about said contract? Sounds like trouble to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...