Trade for Antoino Brown?

jleisher

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Just pick his cuz instead

Ted would have drafted him based on the hashtag. And I just posted about Ted twice in a row in a thread that has nothing to do with him lol

• Like 1

The thought of Antonio Brown running routes for 12 makes me drool.

But then there's stuff like this.

I'm all for getting the right free agents - but I'm finding myself gravitate toward Ted a bit more.  Not all the way, but man, it has to be the right fit.

Culture matters.

Yes, culture matters, and the culture with the Steelers is toxic at best.  Tomlin can’t seem to change it, and between the Bell and Brown situations (among others in the recent past), they’ve got serious issues.  Hard to know if either Bell or Brown are products of their dysfunctional culture, or if they, along with Big Ben, are the cause of it, or if they will ever change their M.O. now that they’ve grown accustomed to being coddled as me-first players.  I’ve got my doubts, and worry they’d bring the toxicity with them wherever they go.

FWIW, Bell may very well have a legitimate gripe, considering how many reps the guy gets and his overall versatility and utility to the team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

First or second? Hell no! I'd consider a 4th but even then, I'm not super excited to make that deal.

Diva WR on huge contracts aren't assets.

What if they have like a half dozen years straight of 1200+ yards and double digits TDs? That's not an asset?

16 hours ago, Cheech said:

The thought of Antonio Brown running routes for 12 makes me drool.

But then there's stuff like this.

I'm all for getting the right free agents - but I'm finding myself gravitate toward Ted a bit more.  Not all the way, but man, it has to be the right fit.

Culture matters.

Simple answer, the Packers could never afford Antonio Brown because so much money is used for the QB. Green Bay cannot afford any high priced free agents. My hope is they can find some mid-level free agents to fill holes and hope the draft goes well. 

57 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Simple answer, the Packers could never afford Antonio Brown because so much money is used for the QB. Green Bay cannot afford any high priced free agents. My hope is they can find some mid-level free agents to fill holes and hope the draft goes well. 

BS.  Then why did the Pack make a good effort to trade for Mack?  The 'Aaron makes too much' is BS.  There's plenty of $$ IF you want someone like Brown.  I don't, one stud WR and a decent supporting cast is good enough for me.  Our FA money should go to the defensive side of the ball.  (except maybe a guard).

6 hours ago, spilltray said:

First or second? Hell no! I'd consider a 4th but even then, I'm not super excited to make that deal.

Diva WR on huge contracts aren't assets.

IT would certainly be big, but only 3 years 39 million.  Should be no cap hit to ever release him either.

No thanks.  LOVE the talent, not fond of the person.  On my fantasy football team, Everyday!!  On my favorite team, never.  He's got the making of TO and I don't have any interest in that sort of cancer possibly tearing apart the Packers.  

Edited by SSG