Trade for Antoino Brown?

jleisher

Fire this ***** up to 100 pages. We’ve been officially linked to AB. ;)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-seeking-a-first-round-pick-for-antonio-brown-trade-talks-to-begin-at-combine/

The Steelers expect a robust market to form, and expect to hear from teams like the SeahawksColtsSaints49ersPackers, and Eagles. Team sources said that while they expect the RavensBrownsand Patriots to have significant interest in Brown as well, there is virtually no chance they would deal him to such a rival.”

not sure how the saints could be involved if they don’t have a first rounder but at the same time don’t expect to give up a first for a 31 year old AB who is on the rocks with his team.

Edited by Arthur Penske

34 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

It’s an official Steelers source saying they’re ”expecting to hear from teams like GB”. That’s officially official for a trade thread standard. Get with it. 

So serious question, what do people think he's going to fetch in a trade? I couldn't do a Ty Montgomery trade for the guy with all his issues and the money he's going to get. It's 15 million in '19 then roughly 12 the next two years. 

This guy is a diva like none other! 

59 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Fire this ***** up to 100 pages. We’ve been officially linked to AB. ;)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-seeking-a-first-round-pick-for-antonio-brown-trade-talks-to-begin-at-combine/

The Steelers expect a robust market to form, and expect to hear from teams like the SeahawksColtsSaints49ersPackers, and Eagles. Team sources said that while they expect the RavensBrownsand Patriots to have significant interest in Brown as well, there is virtually no chance they would deal him to such a rival.”

not sure how the saints could be involved if they don’t have a first rounder but at the same time don’t expect to give up a first for a 31 year old AB who is on the rocks with his team.

You know Jerry Jones will be in on the AB sweepstakes.  He doesn't care one bit about character.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

26 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

You know Jerry Jones will be in on the AB sweepstakes.  He doesn't care one bit about character.

He's got to sign: Lawrence, Prescott and Cooper this off season. I think there are a few others. Yeah, I'm not seeing that at all. 

Just now, Golfman said:

He's got to sign: Lawrence, Prescott and Cooper this off season. I think there are a few others. Yeah, I'm not seeing that at all. 

I guess it depends on whether he'd rather have Cooper or Brown, and if he wants to give up a draft pick.  Just seems like it'd be right up his alley.

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Depending on what Cooper's gonna ask for, wouldn't be totally insane to see Jerry seeing that as a viable upgrade, especially if they win today and he things he's got a near SB quality team. (He does not)

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Depending on what Cooper's gonna ask for, wouldn't be totally insane to see Jerry seeing that as a viable upgrade, especially if they win today and he things he's got a near SB quality team. (He does not)

He just gave up a first round pick for Cooper! Cooper has been terrific and is 5 years (roughly) younger. Jerry Jones became very wealthy and it wasn't because he's an idiot. 

What do you think he'd have to give up for Brown on top of that? 

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He just gave up a first round pick for Cooper! Cooper has been terrific and is 5 years (roughly) younger. Jerry Jones became very wealthy and it wasn't because he's an idiot. 

What do you think he'd have to give up for Brown on top of that? 

Has he been fantastic? At best I'd argue he's been solid. 725 yards over 10 games as literally the only receiver on the roster who belongs in the NFL isn't fantastic.

I don't think the trade value for Brown is going to be very high. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him moved for a 2nd round pick or something in that neighborhood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

It’s an official Steelers source saying they’re ”expecting to hear from teams like GB”. That’s officially official for a trade thread standard. Get with it. 

Same ol song and dance, we've heard this with Bell as well lol.

40 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Has he been fantastic? At best I'd argue he's been solid. 725 yards over 10 games as literally the only receiver on the roster who belongs in the NFL isn't fantastic.

I don't think the trade value for Brown is going to be very high. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him moved for a 2nd round pick or something in that neighborhood.

I feel like I know the answer, but would you trade our 2nd for Brown? Knowing his $15m cap hit knocks us down to around $26m. Would need at that point to say goodbye to Tramon (which I hope we do anyway)

55 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

YIKES! I couldn't give them a 4th for that bag of trouble and that contract. Long-term Brown is not an upgrade over Cooper. He may be for a year or two, but he's 31 before the beginning of the 2019 season. I  really think Brown has some mental issues. I don't think the talent is worth the trouble. 

Cole Beasley definitely belongs in the NFL. Michael Gallup belongs in the NFL.