Trade for Antoino Brown?

jleisher

There have been a lot of "we need to go all in for Rodgers last few seasons" comments since Mac was let go.  The Saints pick for Brown falls into that category for me.  I wouldn't be especially happy to see that happen, but I would get the thought process behind making that move.  Three years of near prime Brown along with prime Adams would allow Gute to focus on OL and defense for the next couple seasons.  I think the current RB's, Graham and the young WR's would be plenty good enough fill out the offense.

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

LaFleur

Rodgers

Adams/Brown

Graham/Rookie TE

Jones

How's that 12 personnel group?

Chemistry on a team is as important as talent. You don't take an unnecessary chance on a a malcontent. Locker rooms become divided and teams go down the tubes. 

CHARACTER MATTERS! 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

LaFleur

Rodgers

Adams/Brown

Graham/Rookie TE

Jones

How's that 12 personnel group?

Scary until they're off the field and teams have to go up against a cupcake defense of ours, leading to 12 wins in the regular season and a buzzsaw in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Scary until they're off the field and teams have to go up against a cupcake defense of ours, leading to 12 wins in the regular season and a buzzsaw in the playoffs. 

Oh, I was planning on Gute signing Earl Thomas and Trey Flowers and drafting EDGE in Rnd 1 and safety in Rnd 2 though.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

oh, that's interesting.  Maybe they just meant that since we aren't saving on the cap we need to get a lot of compensation (PIT does)

Base = $12.625M

SB = $3.8M (3 total years remaining)

Roster bonus = $2.5M (due March 17 2019)

restructure bonus - $3.24M (3 total years remaining)

2019 total cap number = $22.165 vs dead cap if cut/traded = $21.125 -- depending on whey with the roster bonus

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Where you getting that money? 

GB will have $49 million in effective cap space after cutting Tramon and Crosby

I think I saw Brown would be $13.5 in 2019. So $35.5 million after Brown.

You could even load up Flowers to have an ~$18million cap hit next year: $17.5 million left

That should leave ~$4-5 million left over after Thomas for this year.