Trade for Antoino Brown?

jleisher

Let's just nip this in the bud right away. As former poster here on FF Justis Mosqueda wrote a few months back, unless there is a massive re-structure, like the kind we've literally never seen before, Antonio Brown is going to be a Steeler whether PIT and he like it or not:

http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/your-favorite-team-isn-t-trading-for-antonio-brown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannondale said:
2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ahhhhhh @cannondale

So this stand alone, out of context and nonsensical comment: "This is the attitude that gets you 6-9-1"

Was a joke. Or sarcasm. Or whatever else was bouncing around inside your head at the time you typed it and I just missed the knee slapping humor of it.

O-kay. Got it now.

In the future, let us all in on things. Let us all enjoy your wit by typing :) (sarcasm) (joke) (kidding) after the punchline. Beyond that - or without such a designation - the words stand alone and nobody (but you) gets a chuckle. Share the wealth.

Don't know what youre talking about - never said that

leader was just being sarcastic by tagging you.

dont worry, i got your joke, leader!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

leader was just being sarcastic by tagging you.

dont worry, i got your joke, leader!!

No. Actually you didnt - or couldnt - as I wasnt joking or being sarcastic.
As I commented too cannon above, I mis-tagged him: "You're right. Sorry. I tagged the wrong guy (you). My bad. Its water under the bridge at this point"

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If we have a mega thread, please let it be for somebody who actually improves our Super Bowl chances.

Like Earl Thomas or Clowney (who I'm very nervous about and don't know if I'd sign based on his past). 

The Steelers would be stupid to trade him, makes no sense to move on unless they use a post June 1st. I still think adding Antonio improves our SB chances by a lot.... though I would rather use the cap on a pass rusher

Label me curious...about trading for him.

Plus side...uber productive WR that demands attention from the defense.  Tough to cover anywhere on the field.  Plus...the contract is doable now...for a high end #1.  He would make the WR corp very, very good.

Cons....he's a selfish player.  We already have a #1 in Adams.  His attitude would need to be checked and I don't think that happens.

If the compensation is a 3rd or 4'th?  Now I'm interested...so would 31 other teams, or so I think.

I don't see it happening.  I think the money would be better off used on a safety or pass rusher.

In that thought....what about Vic Beasley?  Trade for him?  On a rookie deal, has a monster year under his belt and hasn't done much since.  Rookie contract, right?  Less money, maybe higher comp to get him, but he fits a position of need.  

If we are looking to trade for a guy to help the team, I'm more in favor of a trade for an EDGE or safety than a WR.

“My opinions may seem limited by people or circumstances. It is then that I remind myself I am in command of my attitude.
I am divinely blessed with free will. I utilize that gift, choosing to take charge of my life; to express the creativity, vitality, and wholeness that truly define me.”

Hmmmmm.............. o.O

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Ahhhhhh @cannondale

So this stand alone, out of context and nonsensical comment: "This is the attitude that gets you 6-9-1"

Was a joke. Or sarcasm. Or whatever else was bouncing around inside your head at the time you typed it and I just missed the knee slapping humor of it.

O-kay. Got it now.

In the future, let us all in on things. Let us all enjoy your wit by typing :) (sarcasm) (joke) (kidding) after the punchline. Beyond that - or without such a designation - the words stand alone and nobody (but you) gets a chuckle. Share the wealth.

old_man_yells_at_cloud.jpg