Trade for Antoino Brown?

jleisher

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

YIKES! I couldn't give them a 4th for that bag of trouble and that contract. Long-term Brown is not an upgrade over Cooper. He may be for a year or two, but he's 31 before the beginning of the 2019 season. I  really think Brown has some mental issues. I don't think the talent is worth the trouble. 

Cole Beasley definitely belongs in the NFL. Michael Gallup belongs in the NFL. 

Man's arguably the best receiver in the NFL. I don't believe that to be the case, but some do. Cooper's a middle of the road starter, probably something like the 40th best guy in the league. Browns' probably going to be on that level at 34/35. 

Brown's a problem child. No doubt about it. He's a guy that rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Dude's an *******. I don't know if it's mental illness, or the dude's just a prick, but there's no doubt you're gonna have to deal with that.

Do either Cole Beasley or Michael Gallup move the needle for you?

Yes, they both belong in the NFL. But you're not losing sleep if either guy goes down on a halfway decent roster. 

When does a trade involving a premier player like this not involve a new contract? I feel like a new contract would be expected by Brown’s side. 

What teams might be willing to actually part with a second round pick for Brown?

San Francisco

Arizona

New York B Team

Buffalo

Tampa Bay (if they move on from DeSean Jackson)

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

And they are asking for a 1st round pick! I sure hope we are not in the 'hunt' to get him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-seeking-a-first-round-pick-for-antonio-brown-trade-talks-to-begin-at-combine/

No kidding they're asking for a 1st. That's how negotiations work. Ask high then they low ball you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

No kidding they're asking for a 1st. That's how negotiations work. Ask high then they low ball you

I understand that but feel his value when you throw in all the problems and his contract is a 4th. 

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

YIKES! I couldn't give them a 4th for that bag of trouble and that contract. Long-term Brown is not an upgrade over Cooper. He may be for a year or two, but he's 31 before the beginning of the 2019 season. I  really think Brown has some mental issues. I don't think the talent is worth the trouble. 

He may be 31, but $15m, $11m and $12m with ZERO dead cap to cut is a pretty damn attractive contract for a top 10 player in the NFL. I would trade our 2nd. 

Edited by JBURGE

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I'd do the NO pick & Was 4th for Brown. Another 2-3 years of wide out elite play for Rodgers to close his career with. 

People will complain about wasting Rodgers' career but then won't trade some draft assets for elite players. If the situation is right I say go for it. I'd rather have a great shot at the superbowl over the next 5 years and have a short rebuild after Rodgers retires than not add some veteran talent

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

People will complain about wasting Rodgers' career but then won't trade some draft assets for elite players. If the situation is right I say go for it. I'd rather have a great shot at the superbowl over the next 5 years and have a short rebuild after Rodgers retires than not add some veteran talent

If it were JUST elite talent that would be one thing. Elite talent on game day. Elite pain in the *** the rest of the time. A divisive personality who is COMPLETELY a ME first guy. 

That whole deal makes is a non-starter IMO. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

If it were JUST elite talent that would be one thing. Elite talent on game day. Elite pain in the *** the rest of the time. A divisive personality who is COMPLETELY a ME first guy. 

That whole deal makes is a non-starter IMO. 

Antonio is one of the hardest workers in the league. There have been numerous ex-Steelers who have ripped on Roethlisberger. I think what Antonio did was awful, but I don't think he is the biggest problem in that locker room. A change of scenery would do him well I'm sure. Not saying Green Bay is a place he'd care to go to, but if he was into it I would be pretty stoked