NFL owners unhappy with Redskins, call Allen "literally, a joke"

It will be interesting to see how the Richmond situation plays out, because that is going to directly relate to the stadium deal.  Personally, I do not see the DC plan as something anyone but Snyder is interested in.  His second choice is likely VA, but after what happened to Richmond, I can't see anyone being interested.  Larry Hogan is being aggressive with plans for two plots of land in Maryland, as they want to keep the Redskins there, which I don't think he wants to do at all. 

Sadly, if this club was a consistent winner and didn't operate the way it does, the DC and VA governments would be bending over backwards for a new stadium and Snyder would have no shortage of proposals.  

It will also be interesting to see what the league can do.  They have a rare history of stepping in on owners, but if any time is the time, it's right now. 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It would be great if owners got together and forced Snyder’s hand to try to save this organization from further destruction. We all want this team to succeed and bring it back to its glory days. 

It would take something like what happened with Jerry Richardson in Carolina to do it.

The only situation I can think of where the league stepped in (for football reasons) is the Giants in the late 70’s. Wellington Mara and Steve Tisch couldn’t agree on a damn thing and the league basically forced George Young on them as a GM/President. Mara was left in charge of the football side, Tisch with the business. They run on this model to this day. 4 championships later.....

That was a 50/50 partnership though and all parties in the end wanted the same thing. I don’t see the league at the point where they would act and I sure don’t see Snyder accepting it.

This is such a great thread starting with the 

"a league executive told Sally Jenkins, and they regard Bruce Allen as "literally, a joke."

Wow, everyone outside of Dc seems to get it and many many more inside are opening their eyes.

From what I read Danny got booed mercilessly as he was walking out onto his own field by the fans. Yeah, 85% f the fans were Eagles fans, but still that is important. He operates like he is Chairman Kim- delusional  and only believes the info he gets from Allen and that PR loser Wylie who blow smoke up his arse continually about how great he is. See before the fans booed and after 

north_korea_the_real_kim.jpg?quality=90&

3j7ICN8.png

15 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The #FireBruceAllen bit on Twitter is probably my favorite fan led thing since we flew all those #FireAlGolden banners.

Barstool Sports even has #FireBruceAllen t-shirts, though they are channeling their inner Jim Zorn and calling the color maroon. 

Archived