NFL owners unhappy with Redskins, call Allen "literally, a joke"

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:
1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

No, it's just a list of teams that cant turn it down if they are asked to do it.  The qualifications to turn down Hard Knocks are as follows:

1) They have a first-year head coach in place 
2) They have a playoff berth in the past two seasons 
3) They have appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years

What I’m saying is they want every team to do it at least once. There’s five teams that qualify this year and we’re one of them. Had we fired Gruden we wouldn’t be eligible. 

No, what they want is every bad team to do it at least once.

On 1/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

This guy gets it.  

Well, you don't want good teams do it for a few reasons:

1. The good teams don't want to do it because they want to keep their edge/not lose any trade secrets. It also helps to see what not to do/scare players into "well, you don't want to go there, do you?" Mystique and mystery help the top.
  2. The mediocre teams don't want to the good teams to do it because they want other franchises to be the laughing stock and not have their respective fanbases asking questions "well, look the Patriots have been successful for forever, and they do X, why aren't we?" Always easier to sell "well, at least we aren't Y (*)!"
  3. The front office doesn't want it because there is probably the perception there would be no drama (I disagree because those interesting bubble players are always going to make for stories). Metaphorical car wrecks sell; workman, professional play doesn't. Again, I disagree but that's just me.

So, you're left with the bottom feeders. In order to make it interesting, you need to rotate it a bit so it's not all bottom feeders.

(*) The Redskins are now part of group Y.

On 1/5/2019 at 10:55 PM, mar29020 said:

i think its clear snyder doesnt care about winning

True. He cares about making money.

Of course, a winning product would make more money, but he's an model example of being rich =/= being intelligent.

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Well...something like the Jerry Richardson one. Didn't that get the owners to force him to sell?

I now know why y’all are Mods!!!!! You two speak of many wisdoms!!!!! But would the scandal be that bad with the redskins PR they could turn just about anything into a nightmare!!! We need to ponder this up like the grinch before Christmas this needs to happen

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I now know why y’all are Mods!!!!! You two speak of many wisdoms!!!!! But would the scandal be that bad with the redskins PR they could turn just about anything into a nightmare!!! We need to ponder this up like the grinch before Christmas this needs to happen

Hmmm...that is a good question. I think that they could only control it internally. If it were as bad as the Richardson one, they could not control any external firestorm. And given that the fans want Danny gone, they would help fan the flames (at least I would)

43 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hmmm...that is a good question. I think that they could only control it internally. If it were as bad as the Richardson one, they could not control any external firestorm. And given that the fans want Danny gone, they would help fan the flames (at least I would)

You would need video evidence. The NFL does nothing unless they can see it (or have it shown to them via TMZ)

a0a55a6d380a1c59ba7ab5ff45490c43.jpg

Archived