Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Bills fire OL, WR and ST Coaches. Hire OL Bobby Johnson.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Colts are foolishly letting go OL Coach Dave DeGuglielmo.

He was the OL coach in Miami while Daboll was there and they shared some time together in New England. 

If Buffalo doesn't go get him I will lose my mind.

If they stick with what they are known to which is bringing in guys who they have worked with I hope they scoop him up for OL he turned that crappy oline around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills have officially announced they hired Bobby Johnson as OL coach. Spent last year as the assistant OL coach in IND and the previous 3 as the TE coach in Oakland.

Was on Chan Gaileys staff in Buffalo during 2010-2011. We'll be going ZBS I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills have officially announced they hired Bobby Johnson as OL coach. Spent last year as the assistant OL coach in IND and the previous 3 as the TE coach in Oakland.

Was on Chan Gaileys staff in Buffalo during 2010-2011. We'll be going ZBS I guess.

I don't think Colts ran a ZBS did they? 

And with Daboll still offensive coordinator. I doubt that very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I don't think Colts ran a ZBS did they? 

And with Daboll still offensive coordinator. I doubt that very much.

You're right. I'm not sure why I was thinking that. Might have been because of the Kugler talk. 

As for the hiring, Eric Wood and Kyle Rudolph have given glowing endorsements for Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

You're right. I'm not sure why I was thinking that. Might have been because of the Kugler talk. 

As for the hiring, Eric Wood and Kyle Rudolph have given glowing endorsements for Johnson.

I wonder if this is one of those situations we're we wanted to hire Dave and instead he recommended his assistant OL coach instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its interesting that they are hiring these up and coming coaches. I know Johnson has been some sort of coach for 20 years whether it is being an assistant of Oline or TE coach he is still up and coming. I think McDermott feels that he is comfortable running the team and no longer requires a coach to be a veteran at their position in order for McDermott to succeed and wants new younger blood in there to be innovative rather then a retread who has been in a bigger role and failed settling for a positional job. Same goes with Heath, he has a lot lesser experience as a coach but he could be innovative and take his experience when he played on the field then off. People assume hes a panther and thinks that is why he was hired. I just have a feeling that they were looking at coaches saw something in him and reached out to panthers to get their opinion of him and felt that it would be a good fit. He only served 1 year as an assistant with panthers and assistant with seattle for 2 years. Hopefully it works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per footballscoop.com

Buffalo Bills: Heath Farwell has joined the staff as special teams coordinator.

He had been a Seahawks assistant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am excited about both the hires so far. Johnson has a fair track record and seems like a respected coach. 

Farewell is kind of exactly what I like in a ST coach. Very high motor and high energy. Hopefully his youth is also bringing new innovative ideas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Come on Andy Dickerson.

Just out of curiosity, why Andy Dickerson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So rumor is the bills may promote within and give Chad Hall the WR coaching position. Im extremely nervous about this as it means Culley stays put as QB coach eventhough he has years of experience at the WR position and Chad Hall has 2 years worth of assisting coaching and thats it. Moving to a positional coach with that little of experience is worrisome especially for a position that is the 2nd weakest on the team and possibly the weakest in the league. Inexperience could hurt these guys rather then help them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Just out of curiosity, why Andy Dickerson?

Seems like a guy who has paid his dues and now learning under one of my favourite OL coaches who did well in Buffalo. Also has a connection to Daboll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

So rumor is the bills may promote within and give Chad Hall the WR coaching position. Im extremely nervous about this as it means Culley stays put as QB coach eventhough he has years of experience at the WR position and Chad Hall has 2 years worth of assisting coaching and thats it. Moving to a positional coach with that little of experience is worrisome especially for a position that is the 2nd weakest on the team and possibly the weakest in the league. Inexperience could hurt these guys rather then help them.

 

I'm meh on the hire. I don't love it but I'm not worried about it. Better than a retread coach who has bounced from team to team IMO. McDermott has seen Hall up close and personal for two years now so he would have a very good idea of what he is capable of. No reason to move Culley who has the trust and ears of the QB room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'm meh on the hire. I don't love it but I'm not worried about it. Better than a retread coach who has bounced from team to team IMO. McDermott has seen Hall up close and personal for two years now so he would have a very good idea of what he is capable of. No reason to move Culley who has the trust and ears of the QB room.

As a fan im concerned because I want to win now and not wait until 2020. Having these 2 inexperienced coaches could delay being a contender but if McDermott hits on these guys then they could make a run. Lets just hope Tom, Bill, and Gronk all retire after the superbowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

As a fan im concerned because I want to win now and not wait until 2020. Having these 2 inexperienced coaches could delay being a contender but if McDermott hits on these guys then they could make a run. Lets just hope Tom, Bill, and Gronk all retire after the superbowl. 

I think a veteran WR could help make the unit go to another level. Sounds like Foster has attributed his success to Hall so there is that. 

I'll be honest I think 2019 is a potential WC year for us but a max of 10 wins and likely more 7 or 8. 2020 Is where I see really competing anyway. Josh will be entering year 3, Zay in year 4, and then defensively Edmunds Milano and White all "vets" but aged 25 and under who are the core of our defense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×