Bills fire OL, WR and ST Coaches. Hire OL Bobby Johnson.

Trentwannabe

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I'm meh on the hire. I don't love it but I'm not worried about it. Better than a retread coach who has bounced from team to team IMO. McDermott has seen Hall up close and personal for two years now so he would have a very good idea of what he is capable of. No reason to move Culley who has the trust and ears of the QB room.

It looks like y'all just lost Culley. Big loss?

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It looks like y'all just lost Culley. Big loss?

For the sake of continuity and the same voice I think its a big loss.

On the other hand, Allen didn't improve until after his injury which coincided with Anderson and Barkley coming aboard. So he may be "easily" replaced. I just hope if the Bills bring in a new QB coach its not some retread like Ken Dorsey but rather an up and comer who could be the next QB whisperer.

OK...I got nothing. I couldn't make any of you believe this guy was on my radar no matter how many rounds I bought! LOL

Per http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Buffalo Bills: After three seasons at Eastern Kentucky (FCS) as assistant head coach / offensive line coach, Terry Heffernan is leaving to take the assistant offensive line job with the Bills, per source.

Also, some more info. per https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-add-terry-heffernan-to-staff-as-assistant-offensive-line-coach

And to do some Bills-related catching up...

Baltimore Ravens: David Culley has been hired as assistant head coach / wide receivers coach / passing game coordinator, the team has announced. Culley spent the past two seasons as the Bills quarterbacks coach and was a longtime assistant under Andy Reid  with both the Eagles and Chiefs.

Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins have announced a number of moves and additions to their front office today including the hire of Bills national scout Marvin Allen as the new assistant GM. The organization has also promoted national scout Rob Brockington to senior national scout, scouting assistant JP Correia to player personnel scout, director of college scouting Adam Engroff and director of pro personnel Anthony Hunt to co-directors of player personnel, senior director of football administration Brandon Shore to VP of football administration, and national scout Matt Winston to assistant director of college scouting.

Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are expected to hire Danny Crossman as special teams coordinator, George Godsey at tight ends coach and Karl Dorrell to coach the wide receivers, Field Yates tweets.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:50 PM, Trentwannabe said:

For the sake of continuity and the same voice I think its a big loss.

On the other hand, Allen didn't improve until after his injury which coincided with Anderson and Barkley coming aboard. So he may be "easily" replaced. I just hope if the Bills bring in a new QB coach its not some retread like Ken Dorsey but rather an up and comer who could be the next QB whisperer.

Jordan Palmer better be the guy....Allen is back working with him this offseason

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

He makes way more as a private coach and can work his own hours. Would be shocked if he had any interest.

I know it is a rarity but Matt Lafleur started out as a Qb coach now head coach. not saying this will happen to palmer but as a private qb coach thats all you can be, by taking less now as a qb coach it could lead to more things. Look at Kellen Moore he was a mediocre qb turned Qb coach now promoted to Dallas OC. Its all about risk and reward, staying as a private qb coach can get you a couple hundred thousand for the rest of your life or it could turn in to something more if you became a coach in the NFL.

11 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I know it is a rarity but Matt Lafleur started out as a Qb coach now head coach. not saying this will happen to palmer but as a private qb coach thats all you can be, by taking less now as a qb coach it could lead to more things. Look at Kellen Moore he was a mediocre qb turned Qb coach now promoted to Dallas OC. Its all about risk and reward, staying as a private qb coach can get you a couple hundred thousand for the rest of your life or it could turn in to something more if you became a coach in the NFL.

But this is also under the assumption he wants to become an NFL HC. I could have missed it, but I don't think i have ever seen him say he wants to coach in the NFL.

To me its a no brainier, live in California where you make more then enough money and make your own hours. Have a insurgence of new clients every year and job stability and not even a quarter of the stress a nfl position coach would have. He would really, really want to be an NFL HC someday to make a move like this IMO and I haven't seen anything that suggest he does. 

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Ken Dorsey *shocker* is our new QB coach.

Yep and we found our WR coach from within the organization...

Buffalo Bills: Ken Dorsey, who had joined the Appalachian State staff as an offensive assistant after previously serving in an assistant athletic director role at FIU, has been announced as the new quarterbacks coach. Also, the Bills have promoted offensive assistant Chad Hall to wide receivers coach.

Not that it is critical for a coach to have been successful as a player, but neither of these guys were. It always makes me second guess those selections as top tier coaches.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:01 PM, Yibbyl said:

Yep and we found our WR coach from within the organization...

Buffalo Bills: Ken Dorsey, who had joined the Appalachian State staff as an offensive assistant after previously serving in an assistant athletic director role at FIU, has been announced as the new quarterbacks coach. Also, the Bills have promoted offensive assistant Chad Hall to wide receivers coach.

Not that it is critical for a coach to have been successful as a player, but neither of these guys were. It always makes me second guess those selections as top tier coaches.

At this point it is what it is they want to go with someone Daboll is comfortable with I doubt he had little input on this, in order to keep things copacetic if not then stuff could get ugly but with all these changes on offense to me means that Daboll gets the guys he wants since he didnt have a chance last year. 

On 2/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, Trentwannabe said:

McDermott
Beane
Star
Anderson and now Dorsey. 

I think the whole Carolina Bills thing gets blown out of proportion.

I agree. We could have added the Carolina OL coach. But we didn't. Could have added Dorsey last year but didn't. Could have added Tre Boston last year but didn't. It's really not so bad.

I for one wanted Dorsey last year and move Culley to WRs coach when that position opened. Glad we will finally see it. Him working with Cam I think will be great for Allen

Archived