Call Your Shot: 2019 NFL Draft - Your One Must Get Guy

Mr Anonymous

55 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You can never know that you will nail the player you want if you move back. You may have a favourite pick, but to be comfortable dropping back say, five spots, you most likely have seven or eight guys with a similar grade, which means you get the value with a later pick whatever happens. Thompson said as much when the Packers traded back and got Kevin King. It's safety versus risk.

In fact if you have played the game Risk, it's like having Russia (risky to own - can be attacked from many sides, but worth lots) versus Australia (smaller, worth less, but only has one route to attack it, so it is a fairly safe holding).

I have played the game Risk. Somewhat frequently actually....and if I must say so (which given the format we're communicating on I must....) - I'm pretty good at world domination :)

On 1/4/2019 at 7:44 PM, Gravedigger93 said:

The end of the first pick gives you the 5th year option, any early 2nd round pick doesn't. So I doubt I would take any offers if they're not extremely sexy.

I think it was @AlexGreen#20 who made a very good point last year that most players tend to get extended before their 5th year option kicks in.  The 5th year option is more of a fallback in case you want to get an extra look at the player.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I have played the game Risk. Somewhat frequently actually....and if I must say so (which given the format we're communicating on I must....) - I'm pretty good at world domination :)

Have you tried the legacy version of the game? It's fantastic. JS :)

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Have you tried the legacy version of the game? It's fantastic. JS :)

Hmmmmm.....no. Hadnt heard of it in fact.

As time has gone by.....and I've annihilated all my opponents......the opportunities have grown less frequent LOL

Just now, Leader said:

Hmmmmm.....no. Hadnt heard of it in fact.

As time has gone by.....and I've annihilated all my opponents......the opportunities have grown less frequent LOL

You play it with the same group of friends and the gameplay changes with each game i.e. if you win you get to name your starting continent and it provides a +1 troop bonus for controlling that continent, it also awards you a "nuke" among many other things that come into play during the game -- there are multiple "Do not open until" decks, so I'm not all sure what's left to be done as we're only 2 games into it but it's well worth the money and time and the games seem to go a bit quicker than your standard risk game. Look it up!

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, Mr Anonymous said:

One way or another Gute has got to walk away from this draft having selected WR Parris Campbell from Ohio State. He is exactly what Rodgers needs and he'll be a tremendous weapon in Josh McDaniels' offense. Right now he's projected as a 2nd rounder but use the Saints pick if that's what it takes. This team needs his speed and he'd be a home run threat from anywhere on the field. That type of presence and the respect it commands opens the field up for everyone. Get this kid and strike fear into opposing defenses.

Who's your must get guy? You only get to name one.

His 4.32 forty today isn't going to do anything to hurt his stock that's for sure. Go get him Gute.

In college, Campbell was the sort of guy who if he didn't get a clean release, he was done.  NFL teams are going to press all those guys until they show they can beat press.  So the question is "which ones can"?  I'm not going to say Campbell can't learn it, but it's not a guaranteed thing.

Like this sort of thing is why Trevor Davis, despite being real fast, is just a KR/PR guy.

I'm all on board the Fant Train at #30.  4.5 40.  6.8 3-cone.  That's some impressive stuff there.  Get me him.  Despite my Tonyan love....

I want Campbell, too, but so many of those WR's tested well.  I can see a deep WR class through round 3 and into round 4.  Round 3 is where I'd take Campbell.  Doesn't run great routes yet, he's developmental, which hopefully slides him down some in this draft.  

Archived