Mr Anonymous

Call Your Shot: 2019 NFL Draft - Your One Must Get Guy

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/28/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-clelin-ferrell/

Without a big time trade up, Bosa and Allen are gone.

I'm all about Ferrell.  Probably have said it too much on here.

From Draft Network....

Clelin Ferrell projects as a high impact defensive end at the NFL level. Ferrell is physically capable of exploding out of his three point stances but prefers to win with his hands on blockers as compared to relying on speed. His technical prowess, hands and transitional skills as a rusher will allow him to defeat well placed tackles off the edge. An ace run defender, Ferrell is a three down player immediately who should easily step into a starting role.

I love how he uses his hands.  Power game.  Power to speed.  Can get the edge, can win with power.  Plays the run and pass.  

Gosh, everyone seems to love this guy, why don’t I?

love to get him at 32 or 44, not 12

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

I'm waiting til the combine before making any judgments on Ferrell. I want to see what his 3-cone looks like.

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Well...I don't think he's a "sexy" player.  He's a worker.  I think that he has a very low floor, and not the highest ceiling of some of the other premier edge guys.  So...maybe that is it?  He wins with power and doesn't win in a blink of the eye.  He works for it.  

What I like is consistency.  He's had a great collegiate career, in the backfield a lot.  He plays the run and the pass.  And he has size.

I think I'm drawn to him because he plays the physical game.  I'd like the defense to be more physical and I think he would be a tone setter.

But...I do get where you are coming from.  If he was "quick twitch" like some others, maybe he'd jump off the film more.  And this is odd for me...to like power over quickness as I tend to really drool over the guys who win the edge quickly ala Harold Landry from last year.  Ferrell isn't that at all.

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

I like Allen too but at say, 20-25 not 12

You think that's realistic? 

Posted (edited)

I haven't adopted him as my annual mid-round guy yet, but Greg Dortch, WR from Wake

Edited by JBURGE

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You think that's realistic? 

Allen isn't making it to 12 most likely, let alone falling any further.

i haven't watched a ton yet, but i really like sheldrick redwine in the mid rounds a lot 

I only watched the Bowl game but the Kentucky running back Snell looks like a more agile and explosive legarrett Blount

That Delaware safety/corner, Adderly, sure has some interesting film out there.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well...I don't think he's a "sexy" player.  He's a worker.  I think that he has a very low floor, and not the highest ceiling of some of the other premier edge guys.  So...maybe that is it?  He wins with power and doesn't win in a blink of the eye.  He works for it.  

What I like is consistency.  He's had a great collegiate career, in the backfield a lot.  He plays the run and the pass.  And he has size.

I think I'm drawn to him because he plays the physical game.  I'd like the defense to be more physical and I think he would be a tone setter.

But...I do get where you are coming from.  If he was "quick twitch" like some others, maybe he'd jump off the film more.  And this is odd for me...to like power over quickness as I tend to really drool over the guys who win the edge quickly ala Harold Landry from last year.  Ferrell isn't that at all.

Too much help on that DL for me too. Is it him or does he benefit from the play of the other 3 guys up front? 

I also like Devin Singletary a lot. It's so early to call one guy though

15 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Zac Allen, yes Josh Allen, no way

Everyone should remember that last year there was NO WAY Derwin James and Tremaine Edwards were going to be there with the 14th pick, but there they were! Both of them!  Take it with a grain of salt.

15 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Too much help on that DL for me too. Is it him or does he benefit from the play of the other 3 guys up front? 

I've seen write ups on him, Ferrell, that say that the other guys benefited from the attention that he got...as well as the early pressure as guys turn away from him.

Just going on what I've seen written.

But...that is something to consider.  I look at his tackles for losses over the past two years.  

2016, 6 sacks, 12.5 tackles for loss.

2017, 9.5 sacks, 18 tackles for loss.

2018, 11.5 sacks, 18.5 tackles for loss.