Call Your Shot: 2019 NFL Draft - Your One Must Get Guy

Mr Anonymous

6 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not when he runs a 4.6. He sure makes plays but at what level of competition? Doesn’t look like he has great speed. 

Watching the highlights of Adderley, speed isn't my issue.  It is the level of competition.  It worked with Nick Collins.  It didn't work with Jerron McMillian.  These guys from the past have no bearing on a future players success, but it is one heck of a jump up in competition from FCS to NFL.  

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Watching the highlights of Adderley, speed isn't my issue.  It is the level of competition.  It worked with Nick Collins.  It didn't work with Jerron McMillian.  These guys from the past have no bearing on a future players success, but it is one heck of a jump up in competition from FCS to NFL.  

That was my point. I don’t think he looks fast against that level of competition. 

15 hours ago, Cheech said:

Hah... I think i saw Krieger Coble floating around a practice squad yet last year.  I was hoping for more out of him.

I loved Kittle, but I wouldn't have spent a 2nd round pick on him at the time either.  His production is clearly unexpected.

But after watching both Kittle and Hock at Iowa, it's hard to not make comparisons.  TJ needs some time in the weight room for sure, but his playing style, top end speed, and desire to plant linebackers on their *** 20 yards down the field is so eerily similar to Kittle.  

He still has to make a decision, but it sure seems like the time is right for him.  I'd be surprised to see him in the first round due to his position, but early 2nd I think he's gone.  

Yeah, maybe Krieger Coble is the Iowa TE we used to argue about.  Either way, I'd love to see Green Bay invest in either of those Iowa TEs this coming draft.  We need some youth at the position badly.  While we're likely stuck with Graham after this year, we've got no current future at the position.  I want an all around TE at the position which would be the first time in a long time we're had a guy that's both a quality receiver and a not completely useless blocker.  

17 minutes ago, SSG said:

Yeah, maybe Krieger Coble is the Iowa TE we used to argue about.  Either way, I'd love to see Green Bay invest in either of those Iowa TEs this coming draft.  We need some youth at the position badly.  While we're likely stuck with Graham after this year, we've got no current future at the position.  I want an all around TE at the position which would be the first time in a long time we're had a guy that's both a quality receiver and a not completely useless blocker.  

I cant tell you stats for these individual players - but I've seen new guys on PHILLY, BALT, DAL.....probably some others that dont come to mind making contributions their rookie years. Big dudes too. I wonder why this doesnt seem to happen in GB.

Or as others have said: “Some people see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say why not?”

5 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:
12 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Devin White at 12. 

Just don’t see the value there. We do get killed vs the run and on passing downs teams play a ton of nickel and dime. 

If all the pass rushers go and we don't trade up, do we take Deionte Thompson, Devin White or what? At this point I really like Devin White. If I had the chance I would add an LVE type to this defense, even with Martinez in hand, I'd have a hard time saying no. Football players sometimes transcend positional value. 

Luckily free agency is before the draft so it will clear some things up for us (hopefully)

Just now, JBURGE said:

If all the pass rushers go and we don't trade up, do we take Deionte Thompson, Devin White or what? At this point I really like Devin White. If I had the chance I would add an LVE type to this defense, even with Martinez in hand, I'd have a hard time saying no. Football players sometimes transcend positional value. 

Luckily free agency is before the draft so it will clear some things up for us (hopefully)

I think I lean Safety here if that's the case. Since that's a complete dumpster fire at the moment.

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Just don’t see the value there. We do get killed vs the run and on passing downs teams play a ton of nickel and dime. 

Hes a difference maker. Unlike most people here I think LB is extremely important. He can do it all 

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

I think I lean Safety here if that's the case. Since that's a complete dumpster fire at the moment.

Will depend how the players test obviously, if they are equal you either lean positional value or need. But If White grades as an elite prospect and Deionte very good, give me the elite one. 

8 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Watch Martinez' last three games.  I hope he's hurt because most of his tackles were 5 yards beyond the LOS.  White would finally give us the ILB we've been missing for a long time.  He's good enough in coverage to stay on the field all three downs.  He's an impact player at a second level position, but he is a helluva football player.  His combine numbers might change your mind.

Just now, GHARMON9 said:

Hes a difference maker. Unlike most people here I think LB is extremely important. He can do it all 

mostly depends on the defense, but I think you can still have success in this NFL with 2 backers, as long as they aren't liabilities in coverage

Archived