Call Your Shot: 2019 NFL Draft - Your One Must Get Guy

Mr Anonymous

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There is zero double team anchor there at all lol. 

yeah he's 240- pounds :)

his game isn't going to be stoning 2 OL, it's going to be shedding those blocks if he can

but really, his actual game is going to be tearing-*** around those monoliths on passing downs to sack sack sack the quarterback

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

his game isn't going to be stoning 2 OL, it's going to be shedding those blocks if he can

but really, his actual game is going to be tearing-*** around those monoliths on passing downs to sack sack sack the quarterback

Gonna need to find him some pressure package looks that don't suck for the Edge Rushers first. That's my concern with a guy like Polite. This thing we ran this year is not going to optimize that skillset. 

Not saying the scheme won't change, but something to consider.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gonna need to find him some pressure package looks that don't suck for the Edge Rushers first. That's my concern with a guy like Polite. This thing we ran this year is not going to optimize that skillset. 

I agree - if Pettine is back, Polite's strengths are likely minimized.

I'm also in the camp of not bringing Pettine back.

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I kind of feel like judging Pettine's pressure packages this year is like judging Chryst for how he uses QBs. His EDGE players flat out sucked. I'm sure if he had Mack and Floyd you would've seen a much different call sheet.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I kind of feel like judging Pettine's pressure packages this year is like judging Chryst for how he uses QBs. His EDGE players flat out sucked. I'm sure if he had Mack and Floyd you would've seen a much different call sheet.

Disagree those two situations are similar. This was still a good pressure defense under Pettine. He sacrificed pressure at the edge spots to blitz and was pretty successful with it.

Chryst was just flat awful this year.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Disagree those two situations are similar. This was still a good pressure defense under Pettine. He sacrificed pressure at the edge spots to blitz and was pretty successful with it.

Chryst was just flat awful this year.

Both had situations where they find themselves without talent at critical positions and made adjustments to get by. Pettine showed you can get pressure without EDGE talent, unfortunately there is no hiding QB talent in football anymore.

That said, my point is, if we keep Pettine is and draft a stud EDGE, he'll use him differently then we saw this year.

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

The Polite highlights remind me of last years Harold Landry highlights.  One trick pony.  Granted, it is a very good trick, but Landry went in the second round last year (#41) and I really think Polite will last to the last third of the first round.  Watch a whole game of Polite and see if you really think he's going to pull that off against NFL tackles on a regular basis.  He's good, but he's this years Landry.

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

The Polite highlights remind me of last years Harold Landry highlights.  One trick pony.  Granted, it is a very good trick, but Landry went in the second round last year (#41) and I really think Polite will last to the last third of the first round.  Watch a whole game of Polite and see if you really think he's going to pull that off against NFL tackles on a regular basis.  He's good, but he's this years Landry.

Harold Landry fell because of the medicals though.

8 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I really don't understand the one trick pony label with Polite, don't see that at all.

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Started watching film last night. I’d take Joey Bosa even if he endorses cocaine as a religion tomorrow.

LOL good thing i wasn't drinking coffee. Well said.........seeing Bosa is gone when we pick who's your guy for us?

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

AG speaking as if Pettine is back who would be your guy at OLB at 12 if you have your pick?

Archived