The Gun Thread

fotballer

15 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

The AG that banned the sale of them talked about "mods" making rifles duplicate military firearms, as in scopes and grips, so basically the look of them.

Nothing to actually do with the firing action or capacity that wasn't already in effect before the ban on AR-15s.

Well that makes total sense, he says with heavy sarcasm

• Like 1

I've got a Ruger 10/22 that is fun as heck to go plinking with in the woods.

savage .117 hmr that I never shoot and will probably end up selling soon.

Interarms .30-06 that my dad rebuilt in HS. It'll be passed to my kids someday. I almost be ver shoot this thing, but it's accurate 30+ years later.

i also have a sawed-off single barrel break action loaded with buckshot, tucked behind my headboard

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be getting my first gun(s) soon here.  Been shooting some friends' to find what I like.  Going to start with the Glock 19 Gen 5 because it's easy to shoot, reliable and I can teach my wife to shoot it.  In addition, for myself (and for some fun) going to get a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 Carbine.

23 minutes ago, beezee said:

I'll be getting my first gun(s) soon here.  Been shooting some friends' to find what I like.  Going to start with the Glock 19 Gen 5 because it's easy to shoot, reliable and I can teach my wife to shoot it.  In addition, for myself (and for some fun) going to get a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 Carbine.

G19 is my ccw, love it, congrats!

Just got my Jericho 941 yesterday!  Hoping to shoot it tomorrow at the range, but the ear protection I ordered ended up getting canceled on my for some reason.  Gonna give my range a call after work and see if they sell/rent some there, otherwise I'm gonna have to run to dicks or something.

42 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Just got my Jericho 941 yesterday!  Hoping to shoot it tomorrow at the range, but the ear protection I ordered ended up getting canceled on my for some reason.  Gonna give my range a call after work and see if they sell/rent some there, otherwise I'm gonna have to run to dicks or something.

Huh...

How did Dicks not get picked up by the language filter??? 

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Huh...

How did Dicks not get picked up by the language filter??? 

Good question, I didn't even think about that.  Maybe Webby got tired of blocking **** Butkus' name?

Nope, apparently not...

Edited by TankWilliams
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Good question, I didn't even think about that.  Maybe Webby got tired of blocking **** Butkus' name?

Nope, apparently not...

**** Butkus? No. **** Lane? No.

Apparenly we have to discuss the Dicks at the same time?

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

On 9/1/2017 at 1:09 PM, MWil23 said:

95549.png

I just picked up one of these myself.  Hopefully, I will never "need" it, but it's nice to know it's there if I do. 

I used to have a Colt AR-15 and a Smith & Wesson 629 Classic .44 Magnum, but I regretfully had to sell them a few years ago.  Now I'm restocking.  :D

Edited by Uncle Buck

18 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Do you guys store your ammo loose in ammo cans, or in the boxes?  I could fit a lot more loosely, but it'll be harder to haul to the range.

I have an ammo box that i have all my ammo in. .22 in boxes and the shotgun slugs organized out of boxes. I also dont shoot at ranges so it's easy for me to set up when i shoot