The Gun Thread

fotballer

On 1/3/2020 at 5:37 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

10.5 upper should be here tomorrow, it’s gonna be my first AR pistol.

On a side note SBR laws are silly as hell. 😂 

I enjoy shooting my suppressed 11.5 BCM more than any of my other ar’s, it’s just fun 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My next is gonna be the 11.5 BCM I think.

I’d like to sbr it and get a can, but I’m way too impatient and lazy.

I love the BCM it’s the smoothest shooter, which upper did you go with

ill never SBR as long as I’m active duty because it’s such a pain to move state to state but I’d 100% suggest a can, your ears will thank you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hburn said:

I love the BCM it’s the smoothest shooter, which upper did you go with

I went with Aero and their m4e1 with the barrel nut integrated into the upper.

My last 2 are both Aero m4e1 lowers, bcm lower parts kit with the pnt trigger, bcm charging handles, Aero 158 carpenter nitride bcg, bcm kag handstop.  

The first has a 16 inch Aero MLOK upper, the second is the 10.5.  The rifle has the BCM SOPMOD stock, the pistol the SBA3.  Other than the stock/brace, they’re the same gun just different lengths.

I’m stunned at the value Aero provides tbh.  My first AR was a Daniel Defense and tbh the Aero isn’t far off in terms of quality, but for about half the price. 

I like that 11.5 bcm uppper though, especially with ELW barrel profile.

2 minutes ago, hburn said:

ill never SBR as long as I’m active duty because it’s such a pain to move state to state but I’d 100% suggest a can, your ears will thank you

That makes sense.  

I keep saying I’m going to do it... one of these days I’ll get around to it.  I was really hoping the hearing protection act would have passed, but that was wishful thinking.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, hburn said:

Just picked up a new KKM barrel and comp combo for my Glock 19, such a soft shooting gun now. If you’ve never tried shooting a comp’d or ported for that matter pistol you’re missing out

You doing the full Roland special?

I’m loading up on AR stuff and ammo prior to the elections as that always gets tricky, but after that I plan getting a few more glocks.

I want to get one milled for an RMR, one comp’d, and perhaps a Roland.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You doing the full Roland special?

I’m loading up on AR stuff and ammo prior to the elections as that always gets tricky, but after that I plan getting a few more glocks.

I want to get one milled for an RMR, one comp’d, and perhaps a Roland.

Yup went full on Roland but I may switch the rmr to an Sro 

• Like 1

I might see if I can sell my Ruger 10/22 and Savage .177 Hmr and get a handgun for home defense. Haven’t shot either of them in several years and I’d just prefer a handgun at this point in my life 

I’ll probably go with a revolver, I’ve just always liked them better. I know they’re not ideal for my application,  but I’m willing to sacrifice that functionality for purely luxury preference, considering its something I hope I never have to use to its full potential anyways I’m willing to take my chances 

what revolvers do everyone like?

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I might see if I can sell my Ruger 10/22 and Savage .177 Hmr and get a handgun for home defense. Haven’t shot either of them in several years and I’d just prefer a handgun at this point in my life 

I’ll probably go with a revolver, I’ve just always liked them better. I know they’re not ideal for my application,  but I’m willing to sacrifice that functionality for purely luxury preference, considering its something I hope I never have to use to its full potential anyways I’m willing to take my chances 

what revolvers do everyone like?

Budget?

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ruger SR9 is the perfect vanilla self defense gun imo.

He’s looking for a revolver.

6 hours ago, Dome said:

Under $500

don't mind shopping used.

You may be able to find a used S&W at that price, but you should definitely be able to get a used Ruger.  

The Ruger will be less refined than the Smith, but they’re built like tanks.  A used Ruger and a trigger job by a competent gunsmith makes for a solid revolver.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s looking for a revolver.

You may be able to find a used S&W at that price, but you should definitely be able to get a used Ruger.  

The Ruger will be less refined than the Smith, but they’re built like tanks.  A used Ruger and a trigger job by a competent gunsmith makes for a solid revolver.

Nevermind, read it and forgot. Don't know **** about revolvers. 

• Like 2