The Gun Thread

fotballer

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I bought an automatic clay flinger for 40 bucks at a locals "Im moving and this craps gotta go" sale Ive been having fun with the past couple weeks.

And I won 2nd place in a Henry raffle back in June. Which nabbed me a Lever Action Henry 30-30. Only cost 2-20dollar tickets for it.

Damn.  That’s awesome.  How do you like it? I’ve wanted a Henry for a long time

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Damn.  That’s awesome.  How do you like it? I’ve wanted a Henry for a long time

Its pretty amazing. When I first took it out the box and was working the lever. Its hypnotic how tight and precise the mechanics are. Makes everything else feel like its going to fall apart any min lol. Like firing off my nice Browning at the clay targets. I love that Browning, but when firing off the Henry and then pick it up. Its like goin from a car with power-steering to a 1950s car without and theres a half rotation of play.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So who’s still shootin’?  😂 

I haven't - all of the shooting ranges in my part of Texas are open (let's be cereal, all of them in Texas are open - might have never closed, actually) but I just haven't had opportunity to go with my 2nd job as a Kindergarten teacher.

My wife wanted a date night at our range, so I might have to act on that.

59 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Never really stopped. My range never closed. They do have ammo restrictions, which sucks, but once a week or so hasn’t been a problem. 

Same.

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I haven't - all of the shooting ranges in my part of Texas are open (let's be cereal, all of them in Texas are open - might have never closed, actually) but I just haven't had opportunity to go with my 2nd job as a Kindergarten teacher.

My wife wanted a date night at our range, so I might have to act on that.

Oof, don’t get me started.... 😂 😕🤬😭

• Like 1

Just now, TankWilliams said:

I really wish I had a good outdoor range to choose from near me.  The only ones near me are heavily restricted, one only allowing handgun cartridges.  

Have you looked into private clubs?  

I belong to an outdoor range that has a few 25 yard bays, 50, 100, 200.  No restrictions other than no steel targets, which sucks.  Cost is like $120 per year.  It’s out in the sticks though, like a 45 min drive for me so I don’t get over there too often.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Have you looked into private clubs?  

I belong to an outdoor range that has a few 25 yard bays, 50, 100, 200.  No restrictions other than no steel targets, which sucks.  Cost is like $120 per year.  It’s out in the sticks though, like a 45 min drive for me so I don’t get over there too often.

yeah, the private club closest to me is the one that limited to just handgun cartridges.  Central Indiana is not a good place for outdoor shooting.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wish.  I have to drive 45 min to a range I have to pay for. 😂  

(Unless I’m going to the indoor range which is like 5 min.)

Yeah that’s rough lol. My range is 20 minutes into town, and outdoors is 20 mins out of town. Shooting outside right now is a pain in AZ though. It’s too damn hot. 

14 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Thats my dream scenario.  Someday.

My neighbor has a killer setup of a range. Think it goes 250-300yards. Got a big shed set up where he can make bullets and all else, then a covered deck on top to shoot from with all kinds of range find gear and the works.

Im more the, "Let me drink this 6pack so I can shoot these cans off that stump." type.

I'm still waiting to get my first but might not wait much longer. I really wanted the PS9 Dagger but I'm guessing production stalled b/c of Covid. Looking for a 9mm to start but will eventually get something different. The first pew pew I want is one my wife felt most comfortable shooting. I'll get something for myself after.