The Gun Thread

fotballer

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm still waiting to get my first but might not wait much longer. I really wanted the PS9 Dagger but I'm guessing production stalled b/c of Covid. Looking for a 9mm to start but will eventually get something different. The first pew pew I want is one my wife felt most comfortable shooting. I'll get something for myself after.

I feel bad for folks wanting to get involved in the hobby now, the timing is awful.

• 2 weeks later...

The line up is as follows

Ar 15 pistol from surplus arme a gun company from Pennsylvania. They make great AR rifles and pistols

Norinco mak 90 ak 47: best ak ever

Wasr 10 century arms ak 47

Arsenal slr ak 47 -classic

Zastava ak pistol - i call it the grown man Draco. Made in serbia

RIA vr80. Its an ar 12 gauge shotgun

Blackrose arms The Duke shotgun 

Tec 9 - because i remember miami vice

Draco nak 9 ...its a 9mm draco

Handguns: 

Glock 19x 

S&w Mp 40

Glock 22 (40 s&w) 

S&w sd9ve compact 9mm

I also have a mossberg blaze ak which is a 22lr ak style carbine. 

Edited by DudeWhat???
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So who’s still shootin’?  😂 

First of all, I had no idea this thread existed, because I guess I am blind, or can't read...or both. 

Second, at the end of last year I decided I wanted to get more into training and more focused CQB type training as opposed to just plinking away at the range.  At the time I signed up for a bunch of classes I only have ever kept maybe around 1k of rounds per caliber of my high use guns.  None of the classes really kicked in until around this summer and I did not stock up at year end just thinking, I will buy before the class.  Given these classes have requirements as high as 1k of pistol/rifle per class...my wallet, brain and wife are all pissed at me.  

20 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

First of all, I had no idea this thread existed, because I guess I am blind, or can't read...or both. 

Second, at the end of last year I decided I wanted to get more into training and more focused CQB type training as opposed to just plinking away at the range.  At the time I signed up for a bunch of classes I only have ever kept maybe around 1k of rounds per caliber of my high use guns.  None of the classes really kicked in until around this summer and I did not stock up at year end just thinking, I will buy before the class.  Given these classes have requirements as high as 1k of pistol/rifle per class...my wallet, brain and wife are all pissed at me.  

Oof lol, yeah now ain’t the time.

Ive got maybe 6500 rounds of 9mm and 5500 of 223/556.  Hope that lasts though this nonsense and then restock when it gets back to normal.

$500 a case is for the birds.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oof lol, yeah now ain’t the time.

Ive got maybe 6500 rounds of 9mm and 5500 of 223/556.  Hope that lasts though this nonsense and then restock when it gets back to normal.

$500 a case is for the birds.

I had to re-up 223/556 for a class I have next week, $699 for a case.  I have always wanted to get into reloading but I always envisioned it would be for more hunting/precision rounds and higher caliber.  I am going to look into it for practice ammo at this point, granted I can't now given the primer shortage, but may be a good long term investment as the world stays crazy. 

33 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I had to re-up 223/556 for a class I have next week, $699 for a case.  I have always wanted to get into reloading but I always envisioned it would be for more hunting/precision rounds and higher caliber.  I am going to look into it for practice ammo at this point, granted I can't now given the primer shortage, but may be a good long term investment as the world stays crazy. 

I shoot pretty much only 9mm and 223/556.  I’ve thought about reloading too, but the juice isn’t worth the squeeze imo for what you can buy those rounds for during “good” times.

Maybe if you’re making the bullets too, but I’m not effin with lead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I shoot pretty much only 9mm and 223/556.  I’ve thought about reloading too, but the juice isn’t worth the squeeze imo for what you can buy those rounds for during “good” times.

Maybe if you’re making the bullets too, but I’m not effin with lead.

Yea same here, not going to touch that.  Probably only worth it in those situations during pandemic mode and that is a pretty high upfront cost and insane amount of time which I don't have to actually make as much as I would need. 

31 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Yea same here, not going to touch that.  Probably only worth it in those situations during pandemic mode and that is a pretty high upfront cost and insane amount of time which I don't have to actually make as much as I would need. 

I’d consider it if I ever start shooing precision rifle stuff or rounds that are always expensive like 44 mag, but I can’t see me actually getting that interested in either.  Rifles at distance maybe, but in Ohio 200 yard ranges are the standard for “long range”.  It’s not like being out west where you can go out to the desert and shoot 500+ whenever you want.  At 200-500 an AR is just fine for punching paper.

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d consider it if I ever start shooing precision rifle stuff or rounds that are always expensive like 44 mag, but I can’t see me actually getting that interested in either.  Rifles at distance maybe, but in Ohio 200 yard ranges are the standard for “long range”.  It’s not like being out west where you can go out to the desert and shoot 500+ whenever you want.  At 200-500 an AR is just fine for punching paper.

I have basically ran the entire gamut on my rifle shooting.  At first it started as just punching paper/steel, then it transitioned into precision.  My friends brother competes nationally and that got us into it, I never purchased a precision rig because of the prices but I did get a cheaper 300 WM and 308 bolt gun.  It was fun while it lasted but 1) to really be into precision shooting the weapon systems and glass are just out of my price range and 2) like you said, at that point you almost have to load ammo.  That was a very short lived time frame, back into CQB type stuff. Similar here in NJ, range I go to gets me ~300/350 yards.  Every once in a while I go to a range in PA that has the distance needed but its a 2 lane setup and the odds of driving an hour and a half to actually get a spot are zero.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol when you have to spend 5-7 hundo on a case of ammo to feed it there is lol

Plus we’ve got these armslist vultures out here trying to unload their Glocks to noobs and Chicken Little’s for $800.

Oh, oh, oh. I got the wrong impression with your statement haha

Yeah, that's a pretty nickle to pay. Finding ammo is crazy hard to find right now!

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm glad I'm educated enough to know better than to buy a Glock for $800 lol. I've been working w/ gun enthusiasts for a decade now but the wife was never properly trained so I didn't want a firearm in the house. Now that she is, everything is expensive :( one of these days.....

You can still find them for close to normal price, just not from some ballbags on Armslist or awful vendors.  Normally gen 4/5 Glocks are 550ish, unless you’re getting an MOS variant.  If I wanted one now I’d be fine paying an extra 50 or something, but that’s about it.

Tbh the cost of the gun isn’t the big expense.

Once you start milling slides, buying quality lights, optics, decent BUIS, extra mags, a holster or two and ammo, the gun is just a portion of the cost.

19 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm glad I'm educated enough to know better than to buy a Glock for $800 lol. I've been working w/ gun enthusiasts for a decade now but the wife was never properly trained so I didn't want a firearm in the house. Now that she is, everything is expensive :( one of these days.....

Money doesn't matter when zombies come.  Guns do.