The Gun Thread

fotballer

7 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

We got lucky in that it was a 10 person class with 3 no shows so we had extra time with each instructor, I have seen videos/read on him.  Unbelievable how approachable he was during the sessions. I have been to trainers that are "this is the way and the only way" whereas Bob only had 2-3 things that were "his way only" and they were basic things that make complete sense.  Everything else was more about him showing us how he was taught it vs what actually worked in real gun fights and so much of it is "what works for you" while focusing on fundamentals.  No jamming a square peg in a round hole.  I probably learned more in these two days than probably my past 10 years of shooting. 

I’ve heard he’s huge on the basics too which I think is phenomenal, if he ever makes his way near ft Bragg and it lines up with my schedule I’m absolutely taking the course

another instructor I want to take a class from is chuck Pressburg, extremely similar background as gamut

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had someone show me the G-Sight Dry Fire Laser today. Anyone ever heard of it or use one?

Website

They make this claim as well:

Dry fire training with our laser units will NOT damage your firing pin. Damage to the firing pin caused by dry fire happens when there is nothing for the pin to strike. All of the force (energy) generated stays within the firing pin and can cause damage to it. When you have a live round, or our laser training, the force (energy) is transferred into that unit, thus not causing damage to the pin.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Just bought my first gun, ever.

Glock 21 Gen 4.

When I went to purchase my 1st pistol I was dead set on a Glock. But after handling them in store I just didn't like the feel. The angles of the grip just felt so off to me. Ended up buying a Sig Sauer P226 instead.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

When I went to purchase my 1st pistol I was dead set on a Glock. But after handling them in store I just didn't like the feel. The angles of the grip just felt so off to me. Ended up buying a Sig Sauer P226 instead.

I could very well fall in that same boat. I'm just excited to have one.

• 5 months later...

I know I’m not the only one out shooting this weekend. Got a muzzle brake for my AR10 and it was worth every penny. It’s a .308 from Palmetto State Armory with a Primary Arms 1-8x ACSS optic, only put about 80 rounds through it. Nice cheaper setup, been great so far with no issues.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, Neumatic said:

I know I’m not the only one out shooting this weekend. Got a muzzle brake for my AR10 and it was worth every penny. It’s a .308 from Palmetto State Armory with a Primary Arms 1-8x ACSS optic, only put about 80 rounds through it. Nice cheaper setup, been great so far with no issues.

I was able to put 300 rounds down range on Saturday too.

Felt good, haven’t shot in 2 months after going almost weekly before. Need to be better about making the time.

Dot torture score was a kick in the nuts lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bought a Springfield M1A Loaded Precision Rifle today. Was heading to the range and stopped so my brother could buy a magazine for the AR10 he just built. I’ve been haphazardly looking for one and they had a few M1A’s including a Loaded Precision Rifle. Probably the easiest sale that salesman had all day and quite the expensive magazine for me. 

Pretty convenient I was heading to the range with my .308 AR10 so I had the ammo I needed and got to test it out. The action is so damn satisfying, just feels so smooth. I’m pretty excited to get an optic on this thing and go out to the long distance range with it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 9/6/2017 at 6:01 PM, Pats#1 said:

Magazines are capped at 10 rounds unless you have a pre ban one that got grandfathered in. 

As far as what constitutes an assault weapon in Massachusetts, it's anything that looks intimidating pretty much. 

The AG that banned the sale of them talked about "mods" making rifles duplicate military firearms, as in scopes and grips, so basically the look of them.

Nothing to actually do with the firing action or capacity that wasn't already in effect before the ban on AR-15s.

The city of Pittsburgh tried this, and it got ruled down as unconstitutional reeeeeaaaaal quick back in 2018. Freedom prevails!

I was thinking about getting a shotgun for clay pigeon shooting. Not sure what to get though.

Currently just have a glock 19 gen 4

Edited by SteelKing728

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I was thinking about getting a shotgun for clay pigeon shooting. Not sure what to get though.

If its just for clays. Then the Mossberg Reserve Series is built for just that for under 1000. O/U a bit more than SxS.

I use an old 12ga Chicago SxS.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have officially entered the too much money stage of my life and I am going to drop 5,000 dollars on guns.

I have a special liking of mostly pointless and stupid guns. I also like unique guns. I'm going to get one of those 22 lifecard guns, I am going to get an AR-7. I am going to get two 22 Western-looking revolvers so I can put them in a double holster and pew pew them at my land while wearing a cowboy hat and not waste hundreds of dollars in ammunition.

What else should I get? Stupid suggestions with very little practical purpose only.