Jump to content
Classic

Top 5 defensive players of all time

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

You know what. Aaron Donald is already on this list. And he'll most likely win DPOY next year as well with a full off season. 

If Watt isn't on it, Donald isn't either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:46 PM, El ramster said:

You know what. Aaron Donald is already on this list. And he'll most likely win DPOY next year as well with a full off season. 

You act like you've never seen Donald play when he was called John Randle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

You act like you've never seen Donald play when he was called John Randle?

Don’t @ me. Donald the goat at that position. 

Randle career achievements. 

7 probowls 

6 all pros 

.62 sacks per game. 

 

Da gawds

including this year baby! Because we know he’s getting DPOY, Probowl and all pro! 

6 pro bowls 

4 all pro 

.79 sacks per game. 

2 DPOY..

 

shame randle never got one. 

 

 

I didnt count the .5 on either. Because I’m on my phone and my math was done. 

But to be fair I went back! And I know I could have edit this! But hey cutie i love you, here are the numbers. 

 

Randle, .62

Donald, .76 so same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, ET80 said:

If Watt isn't on it, Donald isn't either

 

you might be right but he’s never healthy. 

Edited by El ramster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El ramster said:

 

you might be right but he’s never healthy. 

He just completed a full 16 games this season, at a very high level. I think we can put the injury concerns to bed until further notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ET80 said:

He just completed a full 16 games this season, at a very high level. I think we can put the injury concerns to bed until further notice.

He wore down, down the stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El ramster said:

He wore down, down the stretch. 

Didn't miss any time due to it. Conditioning and injuries are two different arguments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, El ramster said:

Don’t @ me. Donald the goat at that position. 

Randle career achievements. 

7 probowls 

6 all pros 

.62 sacks per game. 

 

Da gawds

including this year baby! Because we know he’s getting DPOY, Probowl and all pro! 

6 pro bowls 

4 all pro 

.79 sacks per game. 

2 DPOY..

 

shame randle never got one. 

 

 

I didnt count the .5 on either. Because I’m on my phone and my math was done. 

But to be fair I went back! And I know I could have edit this! But hey cutie i love you, here are the numbers. 

 

Randle, .62

Donald, .76 so same thing. 

Well John played during a time where Reggie White and Bruce Smith were playing. The emphasis was to run the ball. Now the game is about passing the ball and QB's are taking their drops even more often and it shows in Donald's stats. We all saw him playing though when he was called John Randle. B|

Offensive lineman aren't what they were in the 90's either.

Edited by TENINCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Well John played during a time where Reggie White and Bruce Smith were playing. The emphasis was to run the ball. Now the game is about passing the ball and QB's are taking their drops even more often and it shows in Donald's stats. We all saw him playing though when he was called John Randle. B|

Offensive lineman aren't what they were in the 90's either.

You're right they're better.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Well John played during a time where Reggie White and Bruce Smith were playing. The emphasis was to run the ball. Now the game is about passing the ball and QB's are taking their drops even more often and it shows in Donald's stats. We all saw him playing though when he was called John Randle. B|

Offensive lineman aren't what they were in the 90's either.

And Randle isn't even the best player in the history of his franchise at the position.  IMO, he is #3 behind Alan Page and Keith Millard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 2:07 PM, Bullet Club said:

Reggie White

Lawrence Taylor

Ray Lewis

Rod Woodson

Ronnie Lott

 

Those are the first five that come to mind for me.

Odd...LT, White, and Lott immediately came to my mind. The other two I can't argue against. I'd like to think Von Miller will eventually get into that group. Deon Sanders could make this group, but horrible tackler....no...I think your list is just fine...alas, I think there are three that are pretty clear who were the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×