Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Humble_Beast

Tom Cable???

Recommended Posts

On 1/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, drfrey13 said:

Not saying Carr has good protection because I know that is not true but there are a lot of sacks where Carr could have stepped or left the pocket but he tucks the ball away and curls up in a ball.  His movement in the pocket is bad and he needs to get out and run more.  He ranked 35 in rushing yards for QBs but third in sacks.  That should tell you something.  He barely beat Flacco and Brady.  Carr is 100 times the athlete then those two.  They know he is not going to take off so they just come after him.  Our punter on 1 carry almost had more yards.  There are 11 QBs that have more attempts then he has yards.

Good point. Always upsets me that Carr almost never looks to run when he’s a pretty good athlete. I use to love watching Gannon because he wasn’t a running qb necessarily but I always felt he knew the right time to tuck it and pick up 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did a tom cable thread have one post about Tom cable. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

Good point. Always upsets me that Carr almost never looks to run when he’s a pretty good athlete. I use to love watching Gannon because he wasn’t a running qb necessarily but I always felt he knew the right time to tuck it and pick up 5

Me too...but there was that one time against Tampa...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to see some article about our OL scheme.

Is it really a Cable scheme? Is it similar to the Seahawks or old Raiders scheme that much?

Is it a Gruden scheme? Is it similar to his old Tampa, Raiders schemes?

Is Cable just the guy, who try to put it on the field after Gruden and Olson put it together?

 

I guess it is somewhere in the middle. I would expect from an offensive HC to have a strong word in the OL schemes and I would also expect an OC without playcalling duties to have a big say in the OL work too. I also expect the OL coach to have word in the scheme.

 

Maybe Cable is kept, because he is much less in charge that we fans and the media think he is?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Carr - that will be his undoing with Gruden. They alluded to that in the KC game about Gruden wanting Carr to use his feet more when he has an opening. Carr seems to shy away from that despite being the athlete for it. If they had an option at QB, I'm guessing they'd trade him. 

On the Oline - Cable aside, I'd look to trade KO. He's not the same guy he was in 2016. Move Jackson back to LG where he excelled originally, let Good and some others compete at the RG spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, true2form said:

I think this is a case of watching every snap of our QB vs. only seeing highlights of others through out the league.

Every QB has these plays.  No one talks about the absolute bonehead plays that Mahomes has, because of all the success.

Did you guys watch any Aaron Rodgers this year?  Absolutely atrocious some times.  Arguably the best in the game and he had a trash year.

Winning cures all.

 

This. So much this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, true2form said:

I think this is a case of watching every snap of our QB vs. only seeing highlights of others through out the league.

Every QB has these plays.  No one talks about the absolute bonehead plays that Mahomes has, because of all the success.

Did you guys watch any Aaron Rodgers this year?  Absolutely atrocious some times.  Arguably the best in the game and he had a trash year.

Winning cures all.

 

Mahomes - First year starter and going to make stupid mistakes but horrible example since he just had a top ten season in his first year.

Rodgers - 14th year in the league.  Everyone falls off eventually but trash year for Rodgers is still statistically as good if not better than Carr's best year.

Carr - At least other QBs had highlights.  The majority of highlights with Carr in them are for the other team.  He got better as the  year progressed and flashed in a few games but the year as a whole is very disappointing with a little hope.

 

Cable - What aspect of coaching is he good at?  Developing, communicating, teaching, scheme, adapting...  From what I have read he is good at developing a run blocking line but horrible when it comes to pass protection.  This leads me to believe he was brought in to see how well Carr would work in Gruden's offense and will be let go after Gruden feels the pieces are in place to win with the passing game.  The guy has failed everywhere and has made our team worse.  He looks to be Gruden's KNJ if he is kept longer than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Mahomes - First year starter and going to make stupid mistakes but horrible example since he just had a top ten season in his first year.

Rodgers - 14th year in the league.  Everyone falls off eventually but trash year for Rodgers is still statistically as good if not better than Carr's best year.

Carr - At least other QBs had highlights.  The majority of highlights with Carr in them are for the other team.  He got better as the  year progressed and flashed in a few games but the year as a whole is very disappointing with a little hope.

 

Cable - What aspect of coaching is he good at?  Developing, communicating, teaching, scheme, adapting...  From what I have read he is good at developing a run blocking line but horrible when it comes to pass protection.  This leads me to believe he was brought in to see how well Carr would work in Gruden's offense and will be let go after Gruden feels the pieces are in place to win with the passing game.  The guy has failed everywhere and has made our team worse.  He looks to be Gruden's KNJ if he is kept longer than this.

You're missing the point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, drfrey13 said:

BB's head would only explode if Carr was his QB and did the same thing.  I believe BB would have benched Carr the first time he threw the ball away on 4th down.  At least throw it up and give your guys a shot and put it deep enough that it is like a punt.  If you have nobody running a deep route then that was bad coaching assuming the opportunity for a deep route is there.

That 4th down throw away still bothers me till this day, what happened Great arm, great athlete very confusing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BigPerro said:

That 4th down throw away still bothers me till this day, what happened Great arm, great athlete very confusing

Something mental I'm guessing. Doesn't want to take hits, so doesn't run. 

I know a lot of people here are fans and prop up the second half of the season. To me he looked pretty average down the stretch. Didn't throw picks, but didn't make a lot of plays either. Great in spots, but so inconsistent week to week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Something mental I'm guessing. Doesn't want to take hits, so doesn't run. 

I know a lot of people here are fans and prop up the second half of the season. To me he looked pretty average down the stretch. Didn't throw picks, but didn't make a lot of plays either. Great in spots, but so inconsistent week to week. 

I always defended Carr, however I didn't see him take many chances to my liking, didn't look like a guy that wanted it, 35-3 last game of the year which we lost and Carr was on the sidelines laughing. I would take a first and second round pick for Carr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigPerro said:

I always defended Carr, however I didn't see him take many chances to my liking, didn't look like a guy that wanted it, 35-3 last game of the year which we lost and Carr was on the sidelines laughing. I would take a first and second round pick for Carr

We were better Off finishing 2-14 and getting the first pick in the draft the Denver game was their Super Bowl SAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Something mental I'm guessing. Doesn't want to take hits, so doesn't run. 

I know a lot of people here are fans and prop up the second half of the season. To me he looked pretty average down the stretch. Didn't throw picks, but didn't make a lot of plays either. Great in spots, but so inconsistent week to week. 

This was my point about the just seeing other QBs highlights comment.  He does nothing but drop back and check it down on most plays.  I hope it is a mental hurdle with trying to digest the offense and not a fear or drive issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Something mental I'm guessing. Doesn't want to take hits, so doesn't run. 

I know a lot of people here are fans and prop up the second half of the season. To me he looked pretty average down the stretch. Didn't throw picks, but didn't make a lot of plays either. Great in spots, but so inconsistent week to week. 

Considering his receiving options and the lack of pass protection it’s no surprise there wasn’t a lot plays. Give him some tools to work with and judge him them. You yourself said we need to revamp all the WRs.

Only a week ago people were raving about Carr’s better movement in the pocket under Gruden now he gets criticized on his lack of rushing stats smh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Considering his receiving options and the lack of pass protection it’s no surprise there wasn’t a lot plays. Give him some tools to work with and judge him them. You yourself said we need to revamp all the WRs.

k ago peopleOnly a wee were raving about Carr’s better movement in the pocket under Gruden now he gets criticized on his lack of rushing stats smh.

I agree, you have to put better pieces around him but he's also paid like a guy who needs to make players around him better. 

I'm a Carr guy and I'm critical of multiple things. He made stride in Gruden's offense, but still isn't playing at or near the level he should be expected to play. He's not playing like a franchise QB. 

Right now... he's playing within Gruden's offense. He's not excelling in it. There is a big difference. He's on a short leash, he needs to elevate his game in year 2.

I'd trade him for the right price. But it'd have to be a big time value given the uncertainty of this 2019 QB class. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×